Sainz sent down

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2010 in Pro race
Dr Mabuseoff to prison for a year
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    So why was he sent to jail? Not for stuff going back to the late 90's surely!
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    He was linked to VDB wasn't he?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:

I misread that as Saiz for a minute there, then i though Puerto + Spaniard no way Jose :wink:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:

Wasn't Frank VDB one of his customers? In the sport,if you were stand out good, you got approached. People like VDB developed substance use issues they wouldn't have perhaps had if they hadn't been talented young athletes. The body count is quite high when you think about it-VDB, Pantani, Jiminez, one or two others.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    thomasmc wrote:
    So why was he sent to jail? Not for stuff going back to the late 90's surely!

His Wikipedia entry is quite interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Sainz

He goes back waaaaaaay further than the 90s. And not just in cycling either.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    From what I hear he's still been advising riders, especially on things like nutrition and weight loss.

He's been quite crafty at keeping things secret, using codewords for various banned substances to ensure phone taps couldn't be used in court. He was also the one behind Gaumont and the "rock salt method" of getting dispensation for cortisol use/abuse which might be familiar to some who have followed the revelations from Festina, Cofidis and Armstrong.
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Some interesting old names appear on that wikipedia site aricle on Mabuse.

It is about time the 'doctors' did some 'time' for these doping affairs.
    I see he is appealing, claiming the same as Valv.piti about human rights etc.