Accident - Gracechurch St

Ian.B
Ian.B Posts: 732
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
There's an accident at the south end of Gracechurch Street (in the City), a squashed bike underneath the trailer of an artic. Ambulances had been and gone but street cordoned off, and police photographers there. From the position of the lorry it didn't look like a left turn incident. Let's hope it's not the worst.

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    :shock: Fingers crossed for the best
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    People here saw that too, said that it looked very nasty with the bike still right under the lorry.

Fingers crossed for all
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Doesn't sound good if the police photographers are present. Really hope I'm wrong.

Is it at the Monument end? The traffic lights at the end of London Bridge don't seem to be sync'ed up properly, because traffic still comes from the left when you set off from LB into Gracechurch St. Either that or drivers are jumping lights to avoid waiting for the sequence to come round again.
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    Is that by Fenchurch Street or just before Bishopsgate? Either way, both crossroads are very hazardous, I tend to avoid them on my way out of the city.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    That thread now says it wasn't fatal. Very good news if that's the case.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Hope the rider is OK!

This is getting scary! This would be the 3rd lorry/cycle incident in less than a month!