Ricco: I’ve missed my world and I won’t let it go again

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited March 2010 in Pro race
Gotta love some of the stuff he said - Cant wait to see him racing again.. :lol:
“This is like a second debut for me and it’s a strange feeling. I’ve been a racer since I was a boy. I’ve made lots of season debuts but this one is the most important of my career,” Riccò said in a statement.

“I’ve worked really hard to be ready for this new opportunity. Cycling is my job and I won’t make the same mistakes of the past. I’d like to thank all the people who have shown their support. I want to thank my new team; I’ve go fantastic teammates, well-prepared directeur sportifs and excellent staff. Working with them has given me the peace of mind I needed.”

“I also want to thank the rivals I’ll face during the season: I made a mistake, I know, but I’m human, too and people make mistakes in life. I’m sorry. I want to apologise to all the cycling fans, cyclists, officials, journalists, everyone in the world of cycling. My errors are part of my past and from now on you’ll get to know a new Riccardo. I’ve never lost my enthusiasm for cycling, indeed it’s stronger than ever.”

“I just ask to be able to show how much I love this sport. Now I know that you can work honestly, trying to improve just by making sacrifices and thanks to hard work but most of all by not trying to take short cuts, which only lead to human and sporting failure. I’ve missed my world and I won’t let it go again.”
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    What a magnificent statement.
    Amazing what the PR people can do with the alphabet. I bet they were up half the night writing that for the Dastardly One to spout.

Not that I'm cynical or anything.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I bet he won't make it to the end of 2012 before getting busted again. He's a hardcore wrong-un.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher
    Yeah, although there is a possibility that he will start clean until-say- June 2010 when he finally realises that because he's not ridden without the juice since his stabilizers came off, he's merely mediocre.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    <BS>Poor Ricco, you're all such bullies. I think he's shown genuine remorse, and I have total respect for him. There's no doubt he'll never touch PEDs again. </BS>

What a piece of work that man is. June 2010...... I reckon late March ;)
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    RichN95 wrote:
    I bet he won't make it to the end of 2012 before getting busted again. He's a hardcore wrong-un.

+1
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sounds like he won't get bust in the Giro

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-t ... talia-snub
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    RichN95 wrote:

Sadly you do get that feeling, I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover too but he just has the look in his eye of a cheat every time I see a picture of him.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I know to be cynical over dopers but if the guy has made a statement that I hope is in all sincerity.

He served his time and now is back to redeem himself. He named his suppliers and contacts where as a lot of dopers clam up serve their full ban.

Good luck to him. I hope he stays clean and shows to others that it can be done clean.
  • If he " Loved the sport " then he would not have doped in the first place, no doubt?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Personnally looking forward for Cav trying to hit him like he said in ProCycling.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Is this the same guy whos girlfriend got busted for EPO 5 mins after dropping a sprog?

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Tusher
    Indeed it is.
    And he then proceeded to dump her.