Police target bad drivers shocker!

Eau Rouge
Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8572173.stm

Every now and then we get a thread where the Police have targeted RLJ's or footpath riding etc and people (rightly) moan that the police never seem to address minor traffic offences.
Well, there's a story where they did.
Doesn't it warm your heart.

Comments

• Perhaps that woman was driving with the bonnet up to protect herself in case she hit something. Lunacy :cry:
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I'm not sure that was a case of targetting bad motoring - more like even the police couldn't ignore something that stupid.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Another driver was steering with his elbows while rolling a cigarette
    Father used to do that, thankfully he didn't smoke rollups all that often and has quit completely now.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    It's nothing but a stealth tax on the poor beleagured motorist.

They should be out catching proper criminals.
  • metalmonkey
    metalmonkey Posts: 144
    rhext wrote:
    It's nothing but a stealth tax on the poor beleagured motorist.

They should be out catching proper criminals.

No not all those drivers were breaking the law. Traffic offences are absolue offences which means they have no defence, your either speeding or your not.

A driving licence is a privlage not a right as so many seem think now. If people drive drive in a dangerous manor then they should have their driving licence taken of them end of. Too many good people are being killed by arrogrant drivers.

As for they should catching prope criminals, I would really like to hear what you think one is. I bet if you get a tickect you moan away.
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Sarcasm. Rhext has it.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    What is a shame is that 'police target idiot motorists' is newsworthy. It should be so regular an occurrence that it isn't reported.
  • If people drive drive in a dangerous manor then they should have their driving licence taken of them end of.

What, like Willesden? That's a bit harsh. They might simply be lost.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    From today's Bradford Telegraph and Argus
    "Speeding motorists were targeted during a police operation in Bradford.

Neighbourhood Policing Team officers focussed on problem areas around Tong and Wyke including Whitehall Road, Manchester Road, Huddersfield Road and Tong village.

Police stopped 25 motorists for speeding with the worst offender driving at 55mph in a 30mph zone.

They were each given a fixed penalty notice with a fine and points on their licences.

Sgt Cameron Buchan said: “Despite all the warnings we give, I am still shocked that so many people continue to speed.

“We will keep carrying out these operations until the message gets across.

“One motorist we stopped even claimed he was being harassed because every time he breaks the law the police prosecute him.

"My message to people like him is that we will continue to prosecute you until you stop breaking the law.”
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    If people drive drive in a dangerous manor then they should have their driving licence taken of them end of..

If people drive in a dangerous manor they're more likely to lose their hub caps. End of.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Porgy wrote:
    If people drive drive in a dangerous manor then they should have their driving licence taken of them end of..

If people drive in a dangerous manor they're more likely to lose their hub caps. End of.

taken off them, end of.

While we're at it. :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    zanes wrote:
    Sarcasm. Rhext has it.

MetalMonkey is looking for it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Its in the public interest to prosecute drivers for driving above the speed limit, but not in the public interest to prosecute those involved in most collisions that don't have serious injury or large financial consequences. I doubt I'll ever understand that.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Motorists should have to register their cars, pass driving tests and above all else pay road tax.

It is the only way to force these dangerous Micra Louts off the roads!!!!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • mapleflot
    mapleflot Posts: 81
    Let's not generalize. There are professional drivers out there:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8574600.stm