PM's the uncertainty

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
I hate it when you PM someone and they don't reply. Then you stop wondering about your initial question and wonder whether they think you're a creep or why they haven't responded. I mean I'm not a creep, I was just being friendly... :cry: I'm taken. Those days are long gone. I wouldn't even know how to Creep

It's like the whole phone thing. If the phone goes to voicemail immediately you know its off. If it rings, like 10 times, and then goes to voicemail chances are the person didn't hear it ring or they aren't near their phone to hear it ring.

BUT!

If it rings a couple of times and then goes to voicemail then you know they cancelled the call and they don't want to speak to you. Then you're left wondering why?

Rejection hurts.

:cry:
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Phone = they might be in a meeting?

PM = How long we talking? Couple of hours = wait longer... Couple of days = maybe they're on holiday... Couple of weeks = welcome to dumpsville. Population, you.

Some quotes may have been borrowed from The Simpsons during the making of this post.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    If it rings a couple of times and then goes to voicemail then you know they cancelled the call and they don't want to speak to you. Then you're left wondering why?

or they already have 1 saved message from a previously missed call and the phone won't let it ring more than a few times.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    You think too much DDD.
  • DonDaddyD
    I'm impatient. It's a problem.

James, yes I do think too much. Me, I'm 'deep' as the American's would say.

Not just a pretty face.
    DonDaddyD wrote:

or they already have 1 saved message from a previously missed call and the phone won't let it ring more than a few times.

What backward phone does that
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Or the person being PM'd opened the PM and then got a phonecall, shut their laptop and forgot about it.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    my phone has a 'Send Text' feature which is available while someone is phoning me...so i can press that and it automatically sends a text to the caller saying...too busy..etc etc...

of course i can also do the hang up with no text, or let it ring out....but for folks I know, I use the text feature to easily let them know I am not snubbing them.

thing with pm's is that...its not easily apparent that you have one, unless you are checking your email regularly as well.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Or the person being PM'd opened the PM and then got a phonecall, shut their laptop and forgot about it.

Or they got a PM, saw who it was from and decided to ignore it.

• DonDaddyD
    See now I feel like a bug-a-boo

Men can't win... :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    This topic was clearly just an excuse to post a lot of Youtube links.

I'm onto you.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I thought a bug-a-boo was a type of pram...
  • DonDaddyD
    whyamihere wrote:
    This topic was clearly just an excuse to post a lot of Youtube links.

I'm onto you.

It served more than one purpose, but no I'm not that intelligent. It would be a dream if I was...
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,373
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I hate it when you PM someone and they don't reply.

Is the message still in your outbox, it doesn't move to your sentbox until the person opens it.

Who was she?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I hate it when you PM someone and they don't reply.

Is the message still in your outbox, it doesn't move to your sentbox until the person opens it.

Who was she?

All these questions

They've replied now.

Am I the only person that this irks?
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,373
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    No one ever PM's me :cry:
  • DonDaddyD

Hey I won't disagree. You know you're right

I win, because THAT song rules the fecking Universe!

Kurt was my God for most of my beer (and stuff) filled teen years.
    Food Chain number = 4

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    don_don wrote:
    No one ever PMs or calls me :cry:
  • DonDaddyD
    suzyb wrote:
    don_don wrote:
    No one ever PMs or calls me :cry:

We need to be sure about who you say you are. Post a photo. :D
    Food Chain number = 4

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I don't have a photo (that can be posted on a PG website :wink: )
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What backward phone does that

I think you'll find most do - its quite an obvious thing to do... If the person hasn't picked up once - likelihood they won't next time so put them through to voice mail quicker.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]