Basso bikes?

Citizen Smith
Citizen Smith Posts: 336
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
So have seen that Wiggle now stocks this marque:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mc/cycle/7/Basso/Road_Bikes_-_Race/

Here's their new UK website: http://www.bassouk.com/

Call me a cretin but I haven't seen anyone mention them on here. I think they look pretty sweet.

Anyone got one? Know anyone with one? Any reviews?
"Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I think the Cycling Plus (Bikeradar) bike of the year gave a Basso a decent review. I know that much about them.

Why you thinking of joining the super powers?

(Oh yeah congratulations by the way... though a little late congrats nonetheless).
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'd ask in the Road section under Buying Advice
  • flamite
    flamite Posts: 269
    deVer in streatham just started stocking them, have one in the front window, look very nice...
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Bikes named after drug cheats seem to be the big thing in Italy at he moment
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Come on now... I think it would be a tad harsh to label you a cretin simply because you haven't seen anybody on these forums mention a particular brand of bike.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think the Cycling Plus (Bikeradar) bike of the year gave a Basso a decent review. I know that much about them.

Why you thinking of joining the super powers?

(Oh yeah congratulations by the way... though a little late congrats nonetheless).

Thanks DDD. Yes, it's been in the pipeline for some time but I'm getting close to finally making a decision on a purchase of a new road bike. Still evaluating whether to get a decent alu frame or get me some carbon awesomeness.

Oh and thanks for the congrats btw - I assume that's for my recent nuptials!
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    I'd ask in the Road section under Buying Advice

Fair point - I was actually thinking of doing that as well but this is where I post and I know there a number of people here who know their road bikes too.
    flamite wrote:
    deVer in streatham just started stocking them, have one in the front window, look very nice...

Thanks Flamite. I had spotted they were down as a dealer. Been meaning to head across to De Ver for a while now so I will get my ass down there.
    Jamey wrote:
    Come on now... I think it would be a tad harsh to label you a cretin simply because you haven't seen anybody on these forums mention a particular brand of bike.

LOL. Thanks Jamey.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    How much!!

Was looking to get a full on road bike but not at that price.

I think I shall be applying for my cape soon though :wink:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men