New bike.....

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Large box from Ribble and a medium box from wiggle just arrived :wink:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Its been 8 minutes, you must have unwrapped them already :D
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Unscheduled deflation yet?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    JonGinge wrote:

His tubes will have arrived pre-perforated.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:

As a weight-saving measure? Ah, a new era in weight-weenyism has begun.... I see it now: tyres with holes punched throught the sidewalls. Think of the weight, people!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:

Vatican approved inner tubes :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Wrath Rob wrote:

No goddamnit I've been on a conf call for the last 1 1/2 hours and now I have to pop out to the station arggh!

which incidentally is a 20 mile round trip :roll: :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Confirm the material used pleased?

Ti or Carbon Fibre?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Confirm the material used pleased?

Ti or Carbon Fibre?

Afraid not old bean, just plain old Alu it's my new winter trainer / commuter hack alas as much as I love using the Dolan CX for commuting it really needs to be turned into a real CX bike ie big tyres different gearing after all that's what I bought it for.
  • itboffin
    Now that's NICE! - where's my camera .....
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    itboffin wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

No goddamnit I've been on a conf call for the last 1 1/2 hours and now I have to pop out to the station arggh!

That's what handsfree is for!
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    itboffin wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

You have to check in at the "station"?
    Just get an electronic tag
  • mickmcg
    mickmcg Posts: 48
    itboffin wrote:
    Now that's NICE! - where's my camera .....

it is a very nice frame, all the pictures i'd seen before really don't do it justice - I especially like the downtube shape, almost seems too nice a frame to use as a workhorse!

I paid £49.95 for mine as it had to have the top tube stops replaced. Whatever they did left no marks and the rest of the bike is perfect - not sure if you got forks too but for £40 they're impressive - still can't quite work out how it all cost £110 with delivery and a headset!

I wasn't that keen on the colour but now i've seen it it's a lot nicer close up - i'd recommend getting some helicopter tape for the graphics as they're on top of the lacquer and feel like they might peel easily

I start my build tonight, got to strip the donor bike first but planning to take it to work friday morning barring any problems so looking forward to getting home!
    2011 Genesis Equilibrium 10 (black frame) | 2011 Tricross Sport | 2008 Carrera Fury
  • Congrats ITB :

I'm sure you'll want to get out and ride it as much as possible but careful with those knees now ......

:)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    will3 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

You have to check in at the "station"?
    Just get an electronic tag

Actually if you must know, i'm taking my MTB for a jaunt via the Savernake and the Kennet & Avon canal :D
    Picking up my winter lock for extended duties in London - of course I could drive there and back in mins but where's the fun in that....
  • itboffin
    Congrats ITB :

I'm sure you'll want to get out and ride it as much as possible but careful with those knees now ......

:)

The new bike matches my knee straps result!!!
  • Did you decide on a club to join?
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    Did you decide on a club to join?

Don't know any in the area, dont fancy Andover or Newbury - perhaps I should start my own :lol:
  • itboffin
    100_6845.JPG

So cool 8)

100_6846.JPG
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Nice one, ITB.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Nice one, ITB.

Ta I think it's going to be a beauty and I know it'll ride well as I already have this (currently on winter duties)

16012010512.jpg
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    itboffin wrote:
    Did you decide on a club to join?

Don't know any in the area, dont fancy Andover or Newbury - perhaps I should start my own :lol:

Sounds like a plan
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Very very nice 8)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Nice one ITB. Might get one of those as a commuter/backup roadie at some point in the future.....Not this year though. I'd like to get through a calendar year without buying a bike (three years, three bikes). And I have half a mind to get something bespoke made in Tuscany, which would be rather more pricey ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011