Did I get a good deal - Giant Anthem X2 2009 ???

HONESTGUV101
HONESTGUV101 Posts: 6
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Hey all,

Am new to the forum so posting for the first time. Well I've done it, after riding around on a crappy 12 year MTB I have bought a good one - did I get a good deal.

I wanted a FS so I have gone for a Giant Anthem X2 2009 in medium. I was keen to get the Fox 32 front fork, with the RP2 rear shock (so ruled the X3 2009 out), combined with the Anthem highley regarded frame. Also it looks the biz in Blue and Black.

Well I knocked the LBS down to £1280, from £1600. Nice. Due to the discount my £1000 Cyclescheme is worth £900 (which is true). Therefore £1000 Cyclescheme voucher costs me £500 and £380 on top. So £880 total for a 2009 X2 in medium. And yes it has the riser bars. I'm pretty sure I got a good deal. :O)

I reckon I must have got one of the last 09 X2's in the country (especially in a Medium - only X3's in non-medium frames seem to be around).

I'm digging the Anthem X posts on the forum - these bike are the dogs. Now come on CC post my voucher!!!!!!!!

Anyway all comments appreciated regarding my purchase and advise on setup.

Reeeeespect.

Comments

• Looking at the reviews on BR and from general A :) nthem reputation you have done very well.
  • bobcheese
    bobcheese Posts: 343
    Yeah but, I am not right in saying that if you buy a bike through the cycle scheme then its not owned by you. Its actualy owned by your company? If so you have paid £380 for something thats not legaly yours. Don't want to scaremonger as I am no expert on the cyclescheme. There are some good discussions on here though.
  • You're scaremongering. I paid £35 to transfer owenership on a £1000 voucher. It's purely a peppercorn. Other people on here have paid as little as £5.

And yes, that's a brilliant deal on a great bike.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Thanks very much guys. I can't wait to hit the trials.

This forum rocks.

:D
  • ... trails even !!! :)
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    This forum rocks.

Sorry, not on a Tuesday it doesn't.

For future reference, please keep all "Rocking" to either a Friday or Saturday evening, and use the appropriate forum section for all such activities.

Thank you.

Nice bike BTW 8)
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Where have they been hiding that for all these months? :lol: There were people tearing their hair out trying to find mediums last year.

You've got an absolute bargain there mate and it's a brilliant, brilliant bike!
  • I know, I couldn't believe my luck when I called and they said that had 1 medium in stock. I checked that the bike is defo brand new, with full warranty and hasn't been out the shop. Nice.

It was a small LBS, that don't advertise that is very difficult to find on google. Am chuffed to bits.

Reeepect.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    You've put a deposit down and made them lock it away in a cupboard with your name all over it I hope? :wink:
  • Haha. Yes exactly. Deposit down and told them to take off the shop floor, they are putting in their store upstairs. They actually had it in the window! :shock:

Can't wait to get out on the beast. 8)