MOJO or TFtuned, quickest turnround?

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Need to get my Fox RP2 shock repaired. Cant decide between the 2 companies anyone know which one does the work quicker prices seem similar so time seems to be the only decider
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• covelove
    covelove Posts: 209
    mojo are superb, i sent a shock down for warrenty last week and it was fully fixed, serviced with new seal decals the lot and sent back within 2 days. not sure about tf tuned but i think they offer a similar service.
    am i right in thinking that mojo deal mostly with fox? i.e official service centre
    does my tail look hard in this?

cove stiffee

orange 222
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Phone TF, you have to anyway to get a booking number. Just ask what the current turn around is. Last ime I sent mine off, it was a Monday and I had them back in my hands by the Thursday. Can't really do a lot better than that. 8)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Having contacted both and got much better service from TFTuned I'd recommend them. They also a pick up service for an extra £12 which is well worth. They turned around my TALAS forks in 48 hours including a major repair. Picked up monday lunchtime, got them back Wednesday lunchtime.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • bannedbiker
    bannedbiker Posts: 382
    The guys at TFtuned rule. They did my shock last year a few months after my bro had his done by Mojo. Mine feels better somehow! you also get more feedback from TFtuned, and I found them easier to talk to then the guys at Mojo.
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • stumpyjon
    you also get more feedback from TFtuned, and I found them easier to talk to then the guys at Mojo.

Definitely second that, TFTuned were very helpful on the phone, the guy servicing my forks rang to get authorisation for the repair and I found their website very useful. They also didn't try and stitch me up. The assembly I needed for my forks was £ 156 but they were happy to split it down (as they could reuse the other half) and only charged me £ 42 for the section I needed (labour was covered by the service costs). Well happy.

• stubs
    3-1 to TFT so TFT it is. Cheers fellas
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I went mojo as its next door almost, had it in 2 days
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I've had nothing but perfect service from Mojo, I also live pretty close so I can drop them in and pick it up the next day.

It's handy if you're having problems with set-up, my mate spent an hour there with his Nomad getting the rear dialled in and I've gone through springs to find the right one for my Shocker, not much help if you live miles away though.

Oh yes, Mojo will only do Fox as they're the offical UK importer.
  • stumpyjon
    TFTuned may not be the official importers but I know they deal direct with the manufacturers rather than importers for spares etc. (Rockshox at least).

• Thewaylander
    Mojo is the sole sepplier for fox in the UK. so in terms of who they deal with Stumpy its themselves on the most :p
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    +1 on TFT, nothing but excellent service from them
    TBH never used Mojo and probably never will..
  • bannedbiker
    Dont get me wrong, Mojo are bloody good, I'm just saying TFtuned are better... :wink:
  • Thewaylander
    hehe,

TF tunned do some nice mods too if i remember
  • bannedbiker
    hehe,

TF tunned do some nice mods too if i remember

Oh yes! :twisted:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    IIRC mojo are the only fox authorised service center, hence if you're still in warranty you really should send it to them to get the extended cover.

If you're no longer covered send it to tftuned, much better service, plus they'll PUSH your shock!
  • stumpyjon
    They will do, it's pretty simlar to the RP23 anyway.

• stubs
    Just got my shock back this morning hows that for service posted Thurs morning would have got to TFT on Friday morning. If it hadnt been the weekend I would probably have got it back even quicker

Delivery was exactly in the time period TFT said it would be in there e-mail.

Cant wait to bolt it all together tonight.
  • stumpyjon
    Told you they were good :wink: