Food storage

rjh299
rjh299 Posts: 721
edited March 2010 in Tour & expedition
What do you use for storing food in while on tour? I opted for ziplock style freezer bags last time and the locking system didn't hold up that well for long. Just trying to carry stuff like coffee, milk powder, pasta, the like? Are freezer bags the best option and just hopefully get some that will work better? Thanks

Comments

• ralex
    ralex Posts: 85
    'Ziplock' bags are the best option I think, as you can carry most things in them, sometimes hard to find them in the shops though, and the quality can vary between makes. Best ones are the hard to find 'Baco Zip n seal', but Morrisons version is pretty good too.
    I usually double bag stuff like milk powder, porridge oats, sugar, etc., but things like tea bags, dried fruit, pasta, cous cous, nuts, etc. is usually ok in a single bag.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Alright cheers for the reply. I'll keep a look out for Baco ones and take your advice of double bagging some things aswell.
  • psmiffy
    psmiffy Posts: 236
    plastic tubs for coffee and sugar - pasta and any other loose stuff in thick plastc bag with a reusable zip tie - throw the lot into a large thick plastic bag in the pannier