Just sitting in office on the west side of Chelsea Bridge

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
...marveling at the incredible amount of cyclists traversing the junction of the bridge and the embankment, 'bout 20 or 30 cyclists per light change. At one point the entire length of the bridge was full of cars and vans, about 40 of them, which I figure was about 45 people, but there were about 30 cyclists taking up about three metres at the front of the queue.

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    ...yup was a glorious morning, didn't notice any more cyclist on my route but I can see the streets filling up as the clock change approaches :D
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Nice!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Was looking enviously out of the studio window this morning, missing my morning commute on account of having been here since 11am yesterday :?

Should get out of here around lunchtime with any luck, after which I'm either going to the pub or doing laps of Regents Park. Reckon either of those should be enough to knock me out for eighteen hours while I catch up on sleep.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I had a great ride up into London this morning from Crawley area. It was a beautiful ride, but saw few cyclists until I got to clapham North, and even from there I didn't see as many as I expected.

Are cyclists in our cities in 2010 like bees were in 2009? ie vanishing - or did everyone just hide from me?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Spen66 they were hiding. There were plenty on my route from Stockwell to E&C.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Cafewanda wrote:

I turned off at Stockwell to go to Vauxhall.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Cafewanda wrote:

Hey, I might have joined you there (Stockwell resident)! Yes, plenty of cyclist today! Bloody nightmare to park the bike, though. Must have spent 5 minutes walking around the parking lot looking for space in the racks! :D

But yeah, beautiful sight! 8)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I only saw 4 other cyclists this am, but I was on the road just before 7am. I guess the fair weather brigade have come out of hibernation, good to see the numbers swelled.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I am far from a fair weather biker, I just don't have my road bike here in London, it's in South West Scotland till either tomorrow or Friday, I can't wait to get it down here :-)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Cafewanda wrote:

Hey, I might have joined you there (Stockwell resident)! Yes, plenty of cyclist today! Bloody nightmare to park the bike, though. Must have spent 5 minutes walking around the parking lot looking for space in the racks! :D

But yeah, beautiful sight! 8)

Hi MadammeMarie, I (smug grin) don't have parking problems as my company pays for me to leave Babygirl at On Your Bike 8)

Of course, this could change now that the improved weather is here :roll:
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    I had one slow cyclist consitantly pulling in front of me at the lights :'( get out of my way..

Apart from that not many on my route, normally overtake 100+ cyclists but maybe only 60 today.
  • dvdfoz
    dvdfoz Posts: 62
    I ride in around 6, so not much on the roads at all. If I see double figures of other riders I'm running late, only about half a dozen this morning.

But nice riding-in in something near daylight now.
    Dalston --> Canary Wharf, and all pubs inbetween