Dilemma - when do I put on my event?

pprince
pprince Posts: 141
I want to put on a late Summer event now after the success of my Mad March Hare, riders def want to see it.

The dilemma

- Shakespeare 100 just up the road in September

- had a phone call the other day, a new event even closer in Aug

- Oct out because of cyclocross

- July a bit early and the Summer calendar is done to death

Comments

• Knowing the quality of the events you hold I don't think The shakespeare 100 should be a problem for you. I wouldn't travel down from manchester for that, but I would for your event. Infact after a quick look on cyclosportive yours is the only one I'd do if it was held in Sept. The Manchester 100 the prostate cancer 100 may be probables. But as yours is smaller I'd rather go for that than a bigger more crowed event.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • pprince
    pprince Posts: 141
    Knowing the quality of the events you hold I don't think The shakespeare 100 should be a problem for you. I wouldn't travel down from manchester for that, but I would for your event. Infact after a quick look on cyclosportive yours is the only one I'd do if it was held in Sept. The Manchester 100 the prostate cancer 100 may be probables. But as yours is smaller I'd rather go for that than a bigger more crowed event.

ahh, cheers mate. Perhaps I should have more confidence in my event attracting the riders!
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Unfortunately have already entered the Shakespeare 100 :cry: Would have prefered to support yours after the MMH.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • cjw wrote:
    Unfortunately have already entered the Shakespeare 100 :cry: Would have prefered to support yours after the MMH.

If its only £10 again and its on a different weekend to the shakespeare 100 it'd still be worth it.
    You know it would make sense CJW :wink:
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • pprince wrote:
    Knowing the quality of the events you hold I don't think The shakespeare 100 should be a problem for you. I wouldn't travel down from manchester for that, but I would for your event. Infact after a quick look on cyclosportive yours is the only one I'd do if it was held in Sept. The Manchester 100 the prostate cancer 100 may be probables. But as yours is smaller I'd rather go for that than a bigger more crowed event.

ahh, cheers mate. Perhaps I should have more confidence in my event attracting the riders!

I think the speed in which the first event sold out would be a good indicator of how highly your event is regarded. Talking to may people during and after the ride whilst eating my bacon butty everyone had nothing but praise for the route, the organisation, the food and the atmosphere that enveloped the whole days experience.
  • cjw
    cjw wrote:

If its only £10 again and its on a different weekend to the shakespeare 100 it'd still be worth it.
    You know it would make sense CJW :wink:

If it wasn't either weekend directly before or after Shakespears on the 12th Sept it would be possible - long way to go again if adjacent weekends :cry:
    London to Paris Forum

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • There you go PPrince last weekend of sept it is.

Do I get free entry for helping you set a date? :wink::D
  • sibike
    sibike Posts: 257
    agree with above , last week in september sounds good .will give me chance to recover from the shakey 100 .
    whats the event in august ?
  • Hi Paul. There is also Tour of Worcestershire to contend with.

I guess late August. However, August can be difficult due to School holidays. This may or may not mean reduced partronage. The fewer events during that months could give you an advantage but you could equally suffer from the same schools out handicap. Saying that, Cultracing's location is a fantastic advantage. Located next to the Midland conurbation will secure support from local clubs (with which you have good relations) and they are a good core market.
  • sloxam
    sloxam Posts: 861
    what about having on august bank holiday monday? thats an extra day off for most people. if not i second the end of sept as i'm moving house at the start and the missus has put her foot down on weekend excursions for a fortnight!
    i hate hills (cos i'm fat)

www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/
  • cjw
    sloxam wrote:
    what about having on august bank holiday monday? thats an extra day off for most people. if not i second the end of sept as i'm moving house at the start and the missus has put her foot down on weekend excursions for a fortnight!

Problem would be that bank holiday weekend traffic is a nightmare - so only locals would probably be able to go. I never use the car on bank holiday weekends (especially the Friday before and the BH Monday) due to grid lock :evil:
    London to Paris Forum

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team