Mini DV cam Question

sparrowlegs78
sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Hi,
I have on of the famous £2.98 mini DV cams, but I don't know what the mode button is for, I have caught it by accident today and it made the cam take shocking quality vid.
I also have no idea how to reset the date on it either, the instructions that came with it are "Engrish" so I don't really understand it.
Can anyone shed any light on what the mode button is for and how to re set the date?
Ta muchly
Caz xx

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The date thing, on the camera I know Caz has a bloke in tow :lol:, can be cured by doing the following.

Create a txt file and call it TAG.txt

[date]
    2010/03/11
    20:17:00

and save it into the root folder of the memory card. You have got a class 6 micro-sd?? There is a topic of advice/help/wee-wee take that should help,

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12666507

You should be able to get all the answers you have in a few mins, there is only 52 pages to read through :lol:

The mode button works in two ways:

1. Turn the camera on and the blue light stays on with the red light on for a few seconds or so then you are in normal record mode

2. Turn the camera on as above and hit the mode button once and the blue light is solid/constant with the red light flashing then you are in vox mode which means the camera will record for 2 mins upon a 60db(?) sound.

Enjoy the cam, I prefer it over the genuine article that I paid carriage only.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    I think a space (space bar) after the seconds is very important.

Not sure why the mode would make quality poor. Make sure you use a class 6 card.