Lordswood and other Southampton trails?

N0bodyOfTheGoat
N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,851
edited February 2013 in Routes
Having just collected my Saracen Pylon8 from Hargroves after having a Recon Race (from Wiggle for £147) fitted, I would love to hear from off-road riders in the local area about places to explore on my orange, Alfine hardtail XC monster! :D

I've yet to look round, but I believe Lordswood has had several negative changes for cyclists in the last year. Is it still worth vistiting?

Mayflower park (think that's its name, the park between Swift Road and Spring Road in Woolston) has a small basic route that I know of and have tried (nice by the stream, can get quite boggy after rain).

There's the small section around Riverside Park in Mansbridge that link up with the old Cutbush Lane via the football pitches.

In Victoria Country Park down by Netley, there is a trail that goes through the woods that comes out by the cemetry. At the far end of the cemetry, there is another section that links up with Hamble Lane close to the railway bridge.

I've just read an old BR post mentioning some basic trails off Grange Road, on an old flattened down quarry site by some woods. Somewhere I had spotted on maps, but yet to visit.
================
2020 Voodoo Marasa
2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
2016 Voodoo Wazoo

Comments

• hello if you still get this after your post 3yrs ago did you find any trails round your local area i like the little route through mayfield park 8) it goes all the way to bursledon road :D telegraph woods by the rose bowl is ok and dumbleton bike park has a step down , a few jumps not so much xc :D