Spam in personal mailbox

Not sure who to address this to, but I've just received a mail about transferring money from Ghana. A fairly standard scam but surprising to get it via the forum. The mail is shown as being from Roadman225, though the scam letter purports to be from an Yvonne Massicotte - and Roadman225 is listed as having made no posts. If roadman's PMed me, it would not be surprising if others have also been targetted.

Comments

• Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    ive got that too
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    It's sorted.
  • Thanks, whyamIhere. I wonder how many scammees they got to...
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Jusdging by the number of complaints, lots unfortunately.

For future reference, PM one of the admin team as soon as you get the message if spam PMs come through again, we may not see topics for a while.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    whyamihere wrote:
    Jusdging by the number of complaints, lots unfortunately.

For future reference, PM one of the admin team as soon as you get the message if spam PMs come through again, we may not see topics for a while.

Or better make a post like this and then report the post so that all Admins see it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I got one too - didnt see how/where to PM an admin so came here...
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Why is this happening? Shouldn't security on the Bike Radar server be better than this? Invasion of pirvacy and security ........ not impressed.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Anyone signing up can do this - we do get many of them with a long list of banned IPs and email addresses. But they move on.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Well, I replied to Yvonne and am now $12.5 million the richer.

Can anyone recommend any really expensive bikes? :lol: