PC Bike Racing strategy game

brilliant-trees
brilliant-trees Posts: 3
edited March 2010 in Pro race
We are developing a new PC Bike Racing strategy game which will be based on the players skill and decisions and not how fast you can waggle a joystick from side to side.
However we would like your ideas/suggestions about the game and which features you would like to see included.
We have created a fourm on our website

www.brilliant-trees.com

and any feed back will be very much appreciated

Comments

• fastercyclist
    fastercyclist Posts: 396
    edited March 2010
    We are developing a new PC Bike Racing strategy game which will be based on the players skill and decisions and not how fast you can waggle a joystick from side to side.
    However we would like your ideas/suggestions about the game and which features you would like to see included.
    We have created a fourm on our website

www.brilliant-trees.com

and any feed back will be very much appreciated

Wouldn't a managerial one be better with an intelligent peloton?

I'm sure there's a football game like this as the boys I used to live with when I was at uni were playing something like this all the time. It would play the football match as little dots on a green rectangle for a few minutes and then go straight to the results/analysis and player roster/development.

It'll be more interesting then controlling one cyclist going "faster! slower! faster!" =)
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just blatantly copy this -

http://www.cycling-manager.com/pcm/
  • - A fully flexible camera would be good, as well as the possibility to track certain riders

- Individual instructions to riders during races e.g.If in a group that contains a rival, not to work
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Surely it'd be best looking at what pro-cycling manager is lacking?

In this case it's what makes football manager so good - a feeling that it's real.

Forget directly controlling riders like pro-cycling manager, but give them orders like a team car would.

Where you make the difference is in your pre-stage talk, tactics (given in the means only given by car radios, i.e. not totally instant), on how you train them etc.

Riders should get unhappy (or happy for that matter) for different reasons, whether it's working for a teammate or not riding the races they want, or not getting on with other riders etc.

Sponsorship is something that is a big issue in cycling and could be fun. Pro-cycling manager is entirely focussed on results, so being present in a break in the Tour means for a poor pro-continental team means nothing.

Finally, peleton politics, as mentioned above, should play a bigger factor.

Things like having a French rider in a break being always more likely to chase down another Frenchie, even if you're screaming through the radio at him not to (because you're team's culture lacks discipline from earlier player behaviour) is what would make it feel real.

Certainly ditch the direct control over riders.

Easily said, stunningly difficult to do mind....
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Joystick? That's a bit of a barrier. You're presumably aiming at cycling enthusiasts. They probably can't be bothered buying a joystick just to play your game. Especially when they can just play pro cycling manager.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Maybe pick up some tips from here? -

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
  • Those who have posted a sensible reply, could you post your suggestions on our game forum so the game developers can reply to you directly as some of the ideas on her are very good.
    I know its a pain joining another forum etc but it would be very much appreicated.

If you think PCM manager is a good game ......................!!
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Those who have posted a sensible reply, could you post your suggestions on our game forum so the game developers can reply to you directly as some of the ideas on her are very good.
    I know its a pain joining another forum etc but it would be very much appreicated.

If you think PCM manager is a good game ......................!!

I don't care enough to join your forum, why don't you just post up a link to this thread on it?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Furthermore, you don't seem to be engaging with your demographic!