Can you get concussion in your arse?

_Brun_
_Brun_ Posts: 1,740
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Had a very spontaneous unplanned dismount this morning.

Heading towards some lights going south down Kentish Town Rd, there was a police car with the hurry on coming up Royal College St. Looking like he might go around the wrong side of the traffic island I slowed down in good time, and you can guess what happened next...

BANG! All of a sudden I'm on my arse in the road, bike having been forcibly ejected from between my legs. I think something like that is in the hipster handbook, but correct execution probably involves staying on your feet.

Got up sharpish enough, very surprised to find the back wheel seems completely undamaged. My unfortunate backside has fared less well and I can certainly feel the start of a painful few days. Hopefully I'll get some nice bruise pictures to show the world.

Driver stopped and I have his contact details and reg number. Can't see them being needed to be honest, although I may phone my insurers and see what they suggest.

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited March 2010
    :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, that's not funny.

Have you broken your bum?

EDIT: Your clipless aren't you? Did they unclip?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    edited March 2010
    _Brun_ wrote:

Heading towards some lights going south down Kentish Town Rd, there was a police car with the hurry on coming up Royal College St. Looking like he might go around the wrong side of the traffic island I slowed down in good time, and you can guess what happened next...

BANG! All of a sudden I'm on my ars* in the road, bike having been forcibly ejected from between my legs. I think something like that is in the hipster handbook, but correct execution probably involves staying on your feet.

Got up sharpish enough, very surprised to find the back wheel seems completely undamaged. My unfortunate backside has fared less well and I can certainly feel the start of a painful few days. Hopefully I'll get some nice bruise pictures to show the world.

Driver stopped and I have his contact details and reg number. Can't see them being needed to be honest, although I may phone my insurers and see what they suggest.

Glad you're ok mate. I would defo get on to the insurers, may be worth getting the bike and yourself looked over as well - you may have a damaged coccyx or summat...

Also, no photos please.

Perhaps you should get one of these:
    np1.jpg

:lol:
  • _Brun_

Sorry, that's not funny.

I was hoping you might rub my botty.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    _Brun_ wrote:

Sorry, that's not funny.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Sorry Brun but also :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    If you use a campag bottom bracket tool to unscrew your belly button; you arse will come off and them you can havea proper look for any ripples or bends.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    _Brun_ wrote:

Sorry, that's not funny.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

just spat coffee everywhere.
  • _Brun_
    Glad you're ok mate. I would defo get on to the insurers, may be worth getting the bike and yourself looked over as well - you may have a damaged coccyx or summat...

Also, no photo's please.

Well the bikes made of steel (proper northern stuff, steel is), so I'm pretty confident that won't suddenly fall to pieces underneath me. Pretty sure the arse bone is ok, I've landed on that enough times snowboarding and know the eye-watering effects all too well.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Did you have that comedy feet spinning in the air moment before you hit the ground? :lol:

I think you now need a t-shirt printing:

Kiss moi Coccyx!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    What you need is .... a drink!

Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    ooooooh....could have been nasty....glad it wasn't.....

did you notice the bike flying forward from underneath you and have a puzzled look on your face, or did you just get up knowing what had happened?
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    The sympathy that's flowing in here is amazing :lol::lol:

Hope the pain has eased somewhat Brun.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Ouch. Hope the pain and embarrassment both ease quickly!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Sorry to hear about the ass pounding you received dude.
    Perhaps you should get one of these:
    np1.jpg
    Isn't that for hemorrhoids?
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    _Brun_ wrote:

BANG! All of a sudden I'm on my ars* in the road, bike having been forcibly ejected from between my legs. I think something like that is in the hipster handbook, but correct execution probably involves staying on your feet.

Be wary about saying you are okay.

I was hit from behind by car in November- was ok for next few days apart from whiplash injuries, but subsequently was off work for nearly 3 months with tear in cartlidge in knee and damage to knee cap.

I too initially thought I was ok
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Surely the answer to the question is that it depends on what you've already got in there.

That said, hope you're ok. Eventually.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A