Cake stop? Top cake!

Splottboy
Splottboy Posts: 3,695
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
Get your mitts onto some Yorshire Tea Marmalade cake. MMMMMM.....
Back from a 2hr plus ride, and Boy, did it hit the spot.

Got me some YT Fruit cake too. Keeping it for post-ride Saturday, and also for when Wales beat Ireland, too.

Comments

  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Splottboy wrote:
    Get your mitts onto some Yorshire Tea Marmalade cake. MMMMMM.....
    Back from a 2hr plus ride, and Boy, did it hit the spot.

    Got me some YT Fruit cake too. Keeping it for post-ride Saturday, and also for when Wales beat Ireland, too.


    Jesus, what's the 'Eat by' date on that!!!?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Splottboy wrote:
    Get your mitts onto some Yorshire Tea Marmalade cake. MMMMMM.....
    Back from a 2hr plus ride, and Boy, did it hit the spot.

    Got me some YT Fruit cake too. Keeping it for post-ride Saturday, and also for when Wales beat Ireland, too.

    Doesnt it have a use by date :lol: ? Iirc my Dad gets himself an occasional YT marmalade cake.

    Edit; you know when you press submit and almost a whole minute goes by and the screen hasnt changed that someone has beaten you to the punch :x :lol:
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Yorkshire curd tart is good and there is a buttered Chorley cake or a fllaky Eccles cake. What about a thick Vanilla slice?
    M.Rushton
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Nice safe carrot cake, I love it and Torta della nona too, Nannies cake in our Family.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Thick Vanilla Cake? Who makes that, the Beckham Cake Co?!

    Ok, like the Wales/Ireland skit, you could possibly be right, but, you never know.

    Mrs makes a mean carrot cake too, and I'm "supposed" to be getting the winter flab off.
    Go figure...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    mrushton wrote:
    Yorkshire curd tart is good and there is a buttered Chorley cake or a fllaky Eccles cake.

    God, I bet you eat Yorkshire pudding and Lancashire hotpot in the same meal.

    Pick, man, it's either Yorkshire curd or the Chorley and Eccles. :wink:
  • To continue the Yorkshire theme, has anyone tried Yorkshire parkin? Bakers used to sell a pale imitation of it down south but they appear to have blanded the brand out of existence. Oats and dark treacle flavoured with ginger. Hey up energy food!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I prefer PG Tips.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    johnfinch wrote:
    mrushton wrote:
    Yorkshire curd tart is good and there is a buttered Chorley cake or a fllaky Eccles cake.

    God, I bet you eat Yorkshire pudding and Lancashire hotpot in the same meal.

    Pick, man, it's either Yorkshire curd or the Chorley and Eccles. :wink:

    In the same dish!

    Well, if I'm in the Yorks Dales and the cafe has the curd tart then that's the one but back in Lancs I think a large buttered Chorley cake wins - but what about a sponge pud with custard?
    M.Rushton
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I don't like battenberg, wedding or christmas cake. Apart from those three it's pretty much open season on cakes in my book. :D
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    theres a baker in ingleton which does wicked cakes and pies ....... hmmmm
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    The battenberg, truely cake royalty.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I don't like battenberg, wedding or christmas cake. Apart from those three it's pretty much open season on cakes in my book. :D

    I love battenburg christmas and wedding cake, apart from that I agree with you entirely.

    God i love cake.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017