Today was a good day!

Hairyside
Hairyside Posts: 50
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Out for the usual loop this morning, left home at 8.30 ready to do battle with rush hour traffic. Guess what? Buses let me pass, cars gave a wide berth and the sun even came out! My legs felt stronger, the bike ran smoother and all was well in the world.
Today was a good day! :D:D

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Mate - you're still asleep.

This is a dream. Any second now you're going to wake up, and it's raining, and cold, and there's one HELL of a wind blowing.

Oh, and you've wet the bed.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol::lol:

Rain on his parade KB why don'cha :P
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    My journey today was all about HEADWIND

Apart from that it was OK though, at least it's still dry.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Sprints then gym last night... legs are mush today :(
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    Didn't get green lights all the way but still today was a good one, a couple of nice bunny hops too.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    My journey today was....short. I'm working locally today so a nice short 4.5 miles, got a heavy pannier though cos carrying laptop and change of clothes and lunch. Lunch gone, will be lighter going home.

Felt crap all week, even drove to work yesterday as couldn't face getting up at 5.30am and doing my usual 19 miles in. I have weeks like this every couple of months, things just catch up with me and I need a few days rest.

It's still a good day though....I'm off tomorrow...yippeeee, happy weekend to me, happy weekend to me, happ......OK, that's enough.
  • Came a cropper on an icy bend! I didn't think it was that cold!

Luckily I was going relatively slowly, no cars/etc following me, no damage to bike, so I guess its a good day.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    Sprints then gym last night... legs are mush today :(

Similar here, cycled home last night, went to play football, got back, went to bed, got up, back on the bike. Thursday morning are a bit of a struggle!