should i change my frame.

SCO77YBOY
SCO77YBOY Posts: 28
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Hi guys ,i need some help.

i bought a marin nail trail 2009 ,the only thing left is the frame as i have replaced everything else.
my bike is full xtr ,fox forks,hope hubs with mavic rims,thompson stem and post,and carbon monkey bars....and so on.
ive been looking at changing my frame to an ibis tranny,

The marin frame is an hydro edge frame and i dont no weather to keep it or go for an ibis.
your thought and views would be helpful.

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Have a test ride of it then decide
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    if you have the money then buy the ibis. and then you could build the marin with cheap parts as you second bike or something
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    The Ibis Tranny rocks, I've had one since last June it's a great great bike

.... that said I'd be very interested to try the upcoming On-One carbon frame which is a shed load cheaper.

still the tranny is a great bike in its own right, if you can see past the price....
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • ashfanman
    ashfanman Posts: 186
    SCO77YBOY wrote:
    Hi guys ,i need some help.

i bought a marin nail trail 2009 ,the only thing left is the frame as i have replaced everything else.
    my bike is full xtr ,fox forks,hope hubs with mavic rims,thompson stem and post,and carbon monkey bars....and so on.
    ive been looking at changing my frame to an ibis tranny,

The marin frame is an hydro edge frame and i dont no weather to keep it or go for an ibis.
    your thought and views would be helpful.

How much has all that upgrading cost you? Sounds like you should have just bought a more expensive bike in the first place - would probably have worked out cheaper.

That said, if you're still not happy with what you've got then it looks like the frame is the only place left to go. I've not ridden a Tranny, but it's probably the nicest looking frame I've ever seen in the flesh. You definitely want carbon? Plenty of nice Ti frames in that price bracket...