Disappointed with Singletrack trousers

rob0070
rob0070 Posts: 60
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Really disappointed recently. Having purchased two pairs of singletrack trousers I have finally found time to get them on and get out. They are XXL and I had hoped they would be nice and loose.
I have well developed thigh muscles, from cycling "surprise surprise" and I am a 38 waist.
However the XXL trousers are just big enough in the waist, and I need to open the zipped vents in the thighs to accomodate the muscles.
These are not XXL in my eyes and even the published sizes on the Endura website quote XXL = 42 to 44 inch waist. I have measured mine and they are 38.
I am sure there are many more well developed riders out there in the same position, are Endura missing a trick here ? I know they have to cater for the masses, but at least use the correct amount of material they are supposed to use. I feel that two inches of material multiplied over many tens of thousands of pairs must add up to a tidy amount ££££££ .
Anyone else experienced this ?

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Not tried the specific items, but Endura are known to be a little small on the sizing.

Hindsight is great, but perhaps you should have tried them on first?
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    Endura sorted their sizing out through last year and XXL does mean 42-44 - I bought some Singletrack shorts last August and they're loose on my 42 waist. Likewise, FS260 bib-knicks, Thermolite 3/4's and longs, all XXL, all a great fit for me. I also bought a XXL Flyte jacket and a Windchill jacket, great fit for a 44-46 chest. suspect you've got 'old stock' with earlier sizing.
  • There's been a load of threads about how turd the Endura clothing sizes are.... have a search.

Altura are a better option.
  • DamonC
    DamonC Posts: 263
    I am bigger than you and my XXL fit fine.

Have a chat with Endura.
    Suffering from the light bike fat git syndrome.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    If you bought them online, return them. TBH Endura do a lot of things that are annoying, this is just one of them.
    Uncompromising extremist