question about selling

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited March 2010 in MTB general
hello
i was just wanting to ask about valuations for my bike and selling advice. what the best forum for it?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH just about all forums hate "what is it worth" look on Ebay and other places to see what similar bikes are going for.

But at the end of the day it is only worth whatever money you get for it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • lugsey2k5
    yer thought so. already done the ebay thing. the main thing i was gonna ask was is it better to sell whole or splitting it down?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Splitting usually gets more money.

ie do as a frame kit with headset, seatpost and clamp. Then maybe package items up to save faffing ie mechs and shifter.
  • lugsey2k5
    thanks that sounds best idea. one last question i promise. my frame kona dawg came with afox vannila coil rear shock which was been replaced with a rp23. do you recon its best to fit the old rear shock to be sold with frame as its worthless by its self and sell rp23 seperate hoping some one is after that lenght or leave 23 on? thanks
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Give the buyer of the frame the choice.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    i wouldn't have said the shock was worthless by itself, not worth loads perhaps, but people will buy it.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lugsey2k5
    genius:)
    thanks mr sonic and nick brilliant as always. who says flatery never works