Acknowledging other cyclists

2»

Comments

• I find waving with both hands above my head seems to catch their attention.

And overtaking, muttering "f*ck you" under my breath definitely provokes a response. :wink:
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    TiBoy wrote:

There is a cycle club near me who I see out most weekends who very rarely say hi, I don't want to become those guys... (and they don't reply to e-mails when asking about joining them, miserable gits)

Shocking that. Smacks of elitism which I have encountered from time to time with cycling although not exclusively a bike club thing. Its a club thing whether it be bowling or tennis whatever you get ignorant folk in all walks of life. Choose another club I say.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Westerberg wrote:
    "but now our ranks have been infiltrated by outsiders" well how very dare they! outsiders indeed, daring to try and break into the sacred and esoteric world of the road cyclist!

He seems like an old school snob to me.

Have you read the article? If so, read again and again until you understand what he is saying.
  • flix23
    flix23 Posts: 72
    I was at a wedding at the Burford Bridge hotel at the bottom of Box Hill last weekend. I was fully dickied-up and stood out the front enjoying a beer and without thinking nodded at a couple of cyclists starting their ascent. Unsuprsisingly they ignored me but I won't hold it against them!!
  • Mossrider
    Mossrider Posts: 226
    Not an issue here in the North - most people nod or say hello if passing. I have to say that I don't get that on the odd occasion I've ridden in the London area. People are friendly if you do start to chat, but I guess it's because there are so many of you, you'd be forever nodding...
  • miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    Mossrider wrote:
    Not an issue here in the North - most people nod or say hello if passing. I have to say that I don't get that on the odd occasion I've ridden in the London area. People are friendly if you do start to chat, but I guess it's because there are so many of you, you'd be forever nodding...

I agree, I split my time between Ilkley and Oxon, have ridden along and chatted with blokes up in the Dales but never down in Oxon...

Liked Tiboy's comment earlier in the post, I also tried to join the club I think he's alluding too but gave up trying when my emails were ignored... had a good mind to tell BC!

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • cyclopath
    cyclopath Posts: 71
    If another pedestrian catches my eye I will smile/nod/say hello. That probably makes me a dangerous cyclepath though :twisted:[/quote]

Steady boy. The condition can exist without the compunction to smile/nod/say hello. :twisted: :evil:

:D
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    Rule #23