PARIS NICE St 1 **SPOILER**

13»

Comments

• Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Is this a disaster for Conrtador? Disgraceful performance, coming 4th in a TT.

I think the word your looking for is lightweight :wink:

you're*
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

you're*

Oh ffs its an internet forum !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

you're*

it's
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

you're*

forum!*
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Great ride by Lars Boom and I'm happy for him BUT if Contador's radio wasn't out, he might have beaten him. Without time checks/updates and info on the turns/twists, I could see him losing 6 total seconds over the whole course.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador and a few others were riding the Shiv as it is a new version, presumably legal.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • For the sadists among us is there any coverage of Steegmans' off? It sounds crazy!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    donrhummy wrote:
    Great ride by Lars Boom and I'm happy for him BUT if Contador's radio wasn't out, he might have beaten him. Without time checks/updates and info on the turns/twists, I could see him losing 6 total seconds over the whole course.

More like if Bertie had ridden with his head up he would have won.

It amazes me how often I watch pro TTs and see riders with their heads down, and the fin of their pointy hat sticking up into the wind like a sail, for considerable periods of time.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

He's obviously practising his soft pedalling technique ready for the TDF.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    One of the best days racing in a long time. Cross winds, Contador in trouble, Leipy dropped, lots of good stuff. Much enjoyed the watching but wouldn't have liked to have raced it myself. Hard, hard day. Fantastique!!

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    One of the best days racing in a long time. Cross winds, Contador in trouble, Leipy dropped, lots of good stuff. Much enjoyed the watching but wouldn't have liked to have raced it myself. Hard, hard day. Fantastique!!

-Jerry

Just wait until afx gets his hands on you
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    It was wild watching Contador get back on -- the teammates drop back, but he flies in front of them and drafts the Rabo team car.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    jerry3571 wrote:

-Jerry

Why?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    jerry3571 wrote:

-Jerry

Why?

He's using the official ASO stage numbers, not the AFX PTP stage numbers. AFX > ASO round these parts.

(Discussion of the stage he's referring to is in the 'Stage 2' thread)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Ah, my mistake.
    I didn't see stage 1 anyway as I watch Eurosport on the European Astra Satellite and they had people on skis doing things last Sunday afternoon. I missed the Steegman's crash.
    I will make no more comments as Stage 1 is now a distant memory!!
    I'll keep up in the future!!
    The shame, the shame!! :wink:

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil