My Colnago Ramarro (thats what it was advertised as)

k2rider
k2rider Posts: 575
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
a few weeks ago i posted asking advice regarding the Colnago Primaveras that wiggle were selling cheap only to miss out buying one when my size sold out. however just over a week later i spied this frame and forks on ebay for the givaway price of £150 plus p&p ( £130 cheaper than the Primaveras ) within half an hour of it being listed it was mine! anyway ive built it up with bits i had on my previous roadie which i will be upgrading when things wear out. i know the pic wont impress napoleond due to the lack of available white garage doors locally so i apologise for that in advance!

take a look.

2010_03050007.jpg
who cares?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice.

Like the Rabobank colours. Like the tyres too (veloflex?)
  • k2rider
    they most certainly are, good spot! had them ages and only had one puncture well worth the money imo.
    who cares?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    edited June 2010
    I`ve got a black Ramarro too, that`s what they were called at first, in 2007 when sold as a whole bike with Tiagra components.It`s the same frame as the Primavera. If you don`t mind me using your thread here is a photo, note it says Ramarro on it.
    Bike%20colnago%20002.jpg
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    k2rider wrote:
    they most certainly are, good spot! had them ages and only had one puncture well worth the money imo.

How do you find the Veloflex? I'm thinking of getting some of the black sidewall ones but am I bit concerned about durability (they'll be used for sportives, training rides, very occasional race / TT's). I'm 80-85kgs, I'd be hoping for a couple of thousands of miles out of them!
  • k2rider
    the veloflex tyres are excellent and well worth the money imo
    who cares?
  • k2rider
    ive been busy spending money upgrading a few bits on the `Nago up to the point where im going to leave it as it is for a while, just fitted an isis fsa carbon pro chainset with a crank bros cyan ti bottom bracket, a prologo naga saddle and some gipiemme pheonix wheels shod with wtb solaro tyres and yes that is a mtb rear mech (its the only straight rear mech ive got!) it will be the next upgrade when i can be bothered :lol:

2010_06040006.jpg
    who cares?
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice bike dude! The white saddle has brought it to life IMO...or is it the wheels?? Whats the gearing on her?
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • k2rider
    50-34 up front with a 12-27 dura ace cassette as im an unfit fat bloke :lol:
    who cares?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I`ve got a mounain bike rear mech as-well and I had a 32 ring until recently, now it`s just a 28. It`s nothing to be ashamed of.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • k2rider
    i was thinking of of using a 12-32 bit like the new sram apex but a whole heap cheaper, i can imagine a few people scoffing at the idea of a compact and a wide cassette but at the end of the day its my bike and if it helps me get up hills who is to argue! :wink:
    who cares?
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Exactly....depends where you live of course...Where I live, no matter which way I ride I have a hill....so I ride 53/39 x 12/28....as you say....ride what gear gets you up the hills :P
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Is that the saddle position you ride with? :shock: The nose is pointing down massively - can't be comfortable?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • k2rider
    i think `massively` is a bit of an exaggeration but i find it more comfortable that way ive seen a few saddles much steeper than mine by a long way.
    who cares?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    D'ya have a nice Rabo kit to match?