Routes/trail riders around Bangor, north Wales.

keith
keith Posts: 1,149
edited March 2010 in MTB rides
Just bought a new bike. New to the area mountain-bike wise. Also a climber if anyone likes the idea of a ride to climb. At Bangor university.

Let me know :)

Comments

• scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Hi Keith,

Im just down the road in Penmaenmawr, towards Conwy. Theres loads of riding on your doorstep. You have a car? What do you ride and what sort of riding do you like to do?

There are trail centres nearby like the Marin trail, Penmachno, Coed Y brenin a little further affield, the natural riding thats to be had above the coast is brilliant.

I don't know if you have seen the bike shop in Bangor? Revolution bikes. They are a great bunch in there and I'm sure they are doing some rides from the shop.

I have a wek off at the end of this month, will happily show you a trail or 2.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • keith
    keith Posts: 1,149
    Hey,

I don't have a car. I can get to Betws y Coed easily though; I think that its going to be my main playground. Then there's bits in Bangor and Anglesey that are easy to get to by bike.

I am a proud owner of an On One Inbred. Preferred riding style is hacking around the trails, or cross country stuff. Wouldn't mind a few jumps etc either. Pretty open to it all :)

How about yourself?
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Bike track from Bryncir, Sth of Caernarfon, then to C'fon, Plas Menai, Bangor, Tregarth, Bethesda, Nant Ffrancon Valley, Llyn Ogwen, then past Tryfan to Capel Curig. 35miles?
    Great for "just some sections" or all-day epic if you do it both ways.
    Mixture of old slate railway line, quiet roads/lanes, tarmac, gravel, off road at Llyn Ogwen to Capel etc.

Also, Abergwyngregin, Llanfairfechan etc. About 6 - 10 miles from Bangor.
    And, Newborough Forest,SW Anglesey. 13 miles from Bangor.
    Cilgwyn Quarry and Mountain, nr C'fon. 12 miles from Bangor.
    Some bridleways on the Llyn Peninsular too. 25 miles plus.

Need I go on?
    Welcome to the BEST riding in the World!!!!!!
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Bike track from Bryncir, Sth of Caernarfon, then to C'fon, Plas Menai, Bangor, Tregarth, Bethesda, Nant Ffrancon Valley, Llyn Ogwen, then past Tryfan to Capel Curig. 35miles?
    Great for "just some sections" or all-day epic if you do it both ways.
    Mixture of old slate railway line, quiet roads/lanes, tarmac, gravel, off road at Llyn Ogwen to Capel etc.

Also, Abergwyngregin, Llanfairfechan etc. About 6 - 10 miles from Bangor.
    And, Newborough Forest,SW Anglesey. 13 miles from Bangor.
    Cilgwyn Quarry and Mountain, nr C'fon. 12 miles from Bangor.
    Some bridleways on the Llyn Peninsular too. 25 miles plus.

Need I go on?
    Welcome to the BEST riding in the World!!!!!!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    can i just say... SNOWDON??!!!!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Looking at another post i think he rides a singlespeed. If thats the case you may as well put a sling on the bike and carry it up! :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.