Wiggle - Having a Platinum blonde moment?

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi all,

Roll on over to Wiggle, I don't know if this affects everyone's account, but they seem to be mistakenly thinking I'm a platinum customer (I'm barely gold) and are giving me a juicy 15% off everything.

I shouldn't, I really shouldn't... :twisted:

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    B*stards.

I spent over £100 on there on Tuesday. Why couldn't they have done this then.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    ahem...
    Until Midnight GMT Monday 8th March all customers of Wiggle have Platinum Plus discount - which is at least 15% off all products at Wiggle!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • iain_j
    My stuff hasn't arrived yet. Do you reckon I could buy it all again with the discount, and send the first lot back and get a refund?
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    iain_j wrote:
    My stuff hasn't arrived yet. Do you reckon I could buy it all again with the discount, and send the first lot back and get a refund?

hmmm

not sure whether i would phone them and ask for the discount to be applied, or just do what you suggest...
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    NICE!!!!! new chain for me then since mine snapped yesterday...:(
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • iain_j
    cee wrote:
    iain_j wrote:

hmmm

not sure whether i would phone them and ask for the discount to be applied, or just do what you suggest...

Feel a bit cheeky asking them to apply a discount to an order from 2 days ago. And I want the stuff before the weekend :?

I may have to buy lots of other stuff now though to make up for it.
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Damn, just after I spent 150£ on diverse things.
    Grmbl, now I feel cheated. I think I need to buy more stuff!
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • iain_j
    That makes 2 of us :D
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    errr...Wiggle are running a "Platinum Plus" promotion offering at least 15% off for EVERYBODY, for the next 4 days or so.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    Slightly OT but wiggle related..

Anyone here signed up to do any of the wiggle sportives? I'm doing the chesire cat and the sussex surrey ones.
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I feel disappointing, that's a whopping 3% off for an existing platinum member! :lol:

Guys, if your orders have not been processed, cancel them, its done in a matter of minutes then re-order!

hells yup, I plan on doing the New Forest and Dorset beast in April and May!
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Oh man those Wigglers really are a top bunch.

If anybody wants to order something but arent sure what, I recommend their Rogate & Amberley gloves. Been testing them for 2 weeks now and theyre top banana
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • iain_j
    My latest purchase has just arrived.

What do you have to do these days to get their Haribo sweets FFS? :x
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    I'm waiting for another 20% off £100 voucher. An extra 3% discount doesn't excite me much :(
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    edited March 2010
    cheeky pair of DHB Event waterproof shorts ordered :D
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Disappointing - Even with a "massive 15% discount", Wiggle are still 50% more expensive than Chain Reaction on chains and cassettes. I won't be bothering with Wiggle's latest "special offer".

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Haha, I've been upgraded too, although I was on my way towards £500 spending anyway, with the OE Recon Race fork amongst other bits.

Sadly, however, I think this is a legit promo. There is a red/silver banner promoting "platinum Plus" which gives at least 15% off everything which ends midnight on Monday 8th.

Definitely will scour the shop before this sale ends, but I need to be careful, as I may need to spend ~£400 on my '92 Corolla (all-in-one distrubutor coil etc. has packed in)...
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I used to be Platinum and it was never 15% off everything it was only off selected goods, usually things they wanted to offload...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • iain_j wrote:
    cee wrote:
    iain_j wrote:

hmmm

Feel a bit cheeky asking them to apply a discount to an order from 2 days ago. And I want the stuff before the weekend :?

What have you got to lose by asking them if they'll apply the deduction? I'm sure I've read people on these forums doing that successfully in the past (not sure if it was Wiggle, though).
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    hells wrote:
    Slightly OT but wiggle related..

Anyone here signed up to do any of the wiggle sportives? I'm doing the chesire cat and the sussex surrey ones.

Wiggle are a sponsor, not their events...... just advertised. Chesh. Cat for me.
  • iain_j
    iain_j wrote:
    cee wrote:
    iain_j wrote:

hmmm

What have you got to lose by asking them if they'll apply the deduction? I'm sure I've read people on these forums doing that successfully in the past (not sure if it was Wiggle, though).

I've emailed Wiggle. Fingers crossed :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,373
    They retrospectively gave me discount on a helmet I had bought a couple of days before it went into a 20% discount offer

I still look like a c0ck in the helmet though
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iain_j
    They said no to me. :cry:

I'll just have to go and buy even more stuff then.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Look, any kind of "special discount" from wiggle- no matter if it is a voucher, a "platium plus" for all customers or the discount for CTC members HAS LITTLE EFFECT ON THE PRICE YOU PAY

Why is this?

It is simple

When a new item goes on the site it is briefly offered at some rediculously high price
    After a few weeks it is "discounted" to a more sane price
    This discount is usually more than the 15% or 10% or whatever that the offer promotes

For example I want to get a box of Nuun tablets.
    They are offered at the moment for

List price £48.00
    SAVE 20% = £9.60
    Your Wiggle price:
    £38.40

So there is already a "discount" of 20% so the 15% platium plus counts for nothing. And most things you'd like to buy are like this.

Wiggle does nice fast delivery and has good stock levels. If you need something in a hurry they are a great choice. But don't think they do bargains[/b]
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    vorsprung wrote:
    Look, any kind of "special discount" from wiggle- no matter if it is a voucher, a "platium plus" for all customers or the discount for CTC members HAS LITTLE EFFECT ON THE PRICE YOU PAY

Why is this?

It is simple

When a new item goes on the site it is briefly offered at some rediculously high price
    After a few weeks it is "discounted" to a more sane price
    This discount is usually more than the 15% or 10% or whatever that the offer promotes

For example I want to get a box of Nuun tablets.
    They are offered at the moment for

List price £48.00
    SAVE 20% = £9.60
    Your Wiggle price:
    £38.40

So there is already a "discount" of 20% so the 15% platium plus counts for nothing. And most things you'd like to buy are like this.

Wiggle does nice fast delivery and has good stock levels. If you need something in a hurry they are a great choice. But don't think they do bargains[/b]

This is a particularly poor offer for wiggle to be honest but its the same with anywhere, just need to pick the right product at the right time.

Find me a Hope Vision 1 light for £52, Ortlieb Back Roller Plus Panniers for £92 or Shimano M076 MTB Cycling Shoes for £42 etc etc.

Yes I'm a platinum customer :lol:

Can't beat the service either, not to mention the dhb clothing which is fantastic...