Murcia stage 2 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2010 in Pro race
Hilly today

Danny Pate has just been complaining on twitter that because Robbie won yesterday they'll have to ride on the front today. What's he talking about? Or is he one of those old fashioned people who thinks it's up to the race leaders team to keep things in hand?

:wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Off topic but do you do any work? :D
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I think Danny Pate was just having a laugh.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    Is this on tv / internet anywhere?
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • reppohkcor
    reppohkcor Posts: 111
    Is this live anywhere at all this week?
    :? :? :?
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Personally don't see the point of riding at the front all day in a vain effort to keep the jesey on a sprinter's shoulders. Murcia is not an easy ride and the spanish climbers will soon be shaping the race and Hunter will be toast on GC.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Gotta laugh at some of the babelfish translations of the rae ticker, sometimes a bit more accurate than they realise, i.e:

"the bet of the Team Sky has been clear in defense of the interests of expensive Wiggins"
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • timmyflash
    timmyflash Posts: 526
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It seems Hunter won another bunch sprint
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Hunter again.
  • 8can
    8can Posts: 34
    Hunter wins again.

blain and wilkinson both top 8 for Endura :D
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Almost a carbon copy of yesterday's result. Graeme Brown will be getting well narked off with this...so few major sprinters at this race it should be an opportunity for some palmares padding, but Hunter has done him again!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    And well done Endura - this is really good to see. Notice that a lot of those who have been trumpeting about Team Sky have not been doing so about Endura - but they have taken on a pretty aggressive program for a small team, got a bit of a pasting first up, but a top 10 and 11 yesterday and two top tens today is an excellent result.
  • iainf72
    mroli wrote:
    And well done Endura - this is really good to see. Notice that a lot of those who have been trumpeting about Team Sky have not been doing so about Endura -

Typical anti-Scot nonsense.

:wink:
  • iainf72
    The problem with Hunter winning is it means he won't be Mr Angry on twitter. Always a source of great amusement.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Let's see if we get a sickly sweet treat of a tweet @ Armstrong... or Sky.

As for Endura, great to see them up there but they seem to be a one-man outfit, having recruited Cofidis's Alex Blain, he of the peloton's best haircut last year.
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    About time Garmin won their second race. Even radioshack have won one so far this season.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:
    The problem with Hunter winning is it means he won't be Mr Angry on twitter. Always a source of great amusement.

I spoke too soon.

He can still be angry!

http://twitter.com/RobbieHunter/status/9983674887
  • Kléber
    Twitter's instant reaction is amusing. I wonder what it would have been like if Pantani or Cipollini were able to use it during their career, or some outspoken rider like Chiapucci, Simoni or maybe the likes of Freddy Maertens or imagine Robert Millar using it :lol:
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:
    Twitter's instant reaction is amusing. I wonder what it would have been like if Pantani or Cipollini were able to use it during their career, or some outspoken rider like Chiapucci, Simoni or maybe the likes of Freddy Maertens or imagine Robert Millar using it :lol:

Robbie is good for this kind of stuff. He's the guy who tweeted that he called the police when a builder tried to rip him off. And then tweeted the police were useless.

He's comedy anger.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    The irony of Brown complaining! :roll:
    That fool is downright dangerous, has a "reputation" shall we say
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Kléber
    A different take on Brown and sprinting:
    Is Brown a dirty sprinter? The numbers say no. He's made mistakes but I suspect it's easy to pick on him
    from the inner ring blog
  • afx237vi
    After watching the sprint here:

http://www.regmurcia.com/servlet/s.Sl?M ... 15&sId=395

...I can confirm that Graeme Brown is in fact a total fruitloop.
  • Kléber
    It's Hunter who drifts across, if Brown didn't have to watch the barriers to get past the Garmin rider then I think Brown might have won. Hunter didn't slam Brown into the barriers or anything but he came out of the final corner on one side of the road and moved to the other.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    Everyone came out of the corner on one side and moved across though.

Brown needs to look at his own sprinting style before he starts complaining to race juries. His reputation as a dirty sprinter is well earnt.
  • Kléber
    But is Brown that dirty? Apparently he hasn't been disqualified any more than other sprinters, it could just be that he gets named because he's not a big name so when people think Brown, they think dirty rather than associate him with any decent wins.

For example, I've seen some bad riding from McEwen but because he's won plenty, he's known as an exciting sprinter.
  • afx237vi
    Maybe his attitude is a part of it. Apparently after yesterday's finish he went over and started pushing Hunter.

I guess once you get a reputation, it's almost impossible to shake off. Theo Bos will probably be reminded about the Impey incident for the rest of his career, even though it was a one off incident that happened in a split second.
  • Hunter was moaning on twitter last night that Brown tried to come up the inside between him and the barriers and ran out of room. Not seen it, but sounds like a classic case of looking for a gap that wasn't there or was always going to close.

McEwen has had some crazy moments, but I think is generally regarded as hard but fair, he doesn't needlessly endanger others.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber wrote:
    Let's see if we get a sickly sweet treat of a tweet @ Armstrong... or Sky.

As for Endura, great to see them up there but they seem to be a one-man outfit, having recruited Cofidis's Alex Blain, he of the peloton's best haircut last year.

Two top 10 finishes for Endura rider Ian Wilkinson and Endura's Jack Bauer 24th in GC after stage 3 (Wiggo only Sky rider ahead of him) ... so more than just a one man team (although you do have to love that barnet on Blain ... still holding theBlue Jersey after stage 3).

Of course long-term they aren't going to be competitive against the big budget teams but great to see them having a go
  • .... and I see Endura ahead of Sky in the team ranking after the Stage 4 Time Trial (Jack Bauer 12th in the TT).

I know its early season, I know that the team classification means little ... but still, gives me a warm feeling to see Endura mixing it with the Big Boys!