Dodgy Sellers

loltoride
loltoride Posts: 460
To site mods is there anything you can do about dodgy sellers on site, as I believe myself and another user have just been ripped off and god knows how many more. Although it is mainly my fault as user is very new. I would hope there is something you can do to make this a lot harder, as a forum user I trust most people on site, as we are all mostly enthusiasts.

Is there not an additional type of registration you can do to require people to sell on site?
So Far!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    put the info in the feed back section.

that is what it is for.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • loltoride
    I don’t want to out the person yet until the end of the week, although I have started my PayPal dispute. Just thought it was maybe something that needs looking into as can only benefit the site, I am sure people would rather be comfortable trading on site, rather than wondering If they are going to receive item.
    So Far!
  • nicklouse
    as stated in the rules
    The Classified Pages is a free service offered by BikeRadar. They are NOT responsible for any issues relating to goods not received or money not paid, you are using this section of the forum to sell and buy items, should any problems arise the forumites will be happy to help but you buy and sell at your own risk.

at least you used Paypal,

the feed back section was added as the users requested it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • loltoride
    Where did I say the forum has responsibility for my purchase? It will just keep on happening if people know it is so easy to sell on site, the scammer has most probably reregistered already with new user id..
    So Far!
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Caveat Emptor!
  • nicklouse
    estevens wrote:
    Where did I say the forum has responsibility for my purchase? It will just keep on happening if people know it is so easy to sell on site, the scammer has most probably reregistered already with new user id..

just the same as it is on any other site.