So DDD what time you leaving work?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
No reason, i'm just interested that's all............

:twisted:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I can be at the bottom of Gray's Inn road at 5.30pm, why?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    It's on!
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    You got knee pads DDD? :lol:
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I can be at the bottom of Gray's Inn road at 5.30pm, why?

Might see you there :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    Ah well, good bye scalp it was nice knowing you, growing you with you and all that, we had some great memories..." :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ah well, good bye scalp it was nice knowing you, growing you with you and all that, we had some great memories..." :cry:

Nah don't play the games until BF bridge, to flat everywhere else - no sport :twisted:

Is Waterloo okay now? I used to love the rush hour swarms that gather :lol: it's like a hi-viz version of a Tdf sprint finish but in slow-mo :lol:

2f4518a291b94fb280560c6901f904d8.jpg
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    After enjoying the snowboard cross in Whistler, I'm imagining a similar kind of carnage along this path. Who has the head cam to share this event??
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • DonDaddyD
    Ooo you go a different way from me. You go left at the bottom of Gray's Inn road. I go right and down Kings Way.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ooo you go a different way from me. You go left at the bottom of Gray's Inn road. I go right and down Kings Way.

So do I woooo hahahaha

Just everyone once in a while I get pissed off with Holborn traffic lights and the 1billion people trying to cross the road when it's red/green.

I'd be interested to see the rest of your route, my train passes through Wimbledon i've often considered getting off and cycling in the last few miles, stats don't you know :wink:

How long does it take you?
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2010
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

So do I woooo hahahaha

Just everyone once in a while I get pissed off with Holborn traffic lights and the 1billion people trying to cross the road when it's red/green.

I'd be interested to see the rest of your route, my train passes through Wimbledon i've often considered getting off and cycling in the last few miles, stats don't you know :wink:

40 - 45mins.

You could probably do it faster.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

So do I woooo hahahaha

40 - 45mins.

You could probably do it faster.

Takes me 12-15 mins to do that commute I just posted, it's so boring with all the traffic and light duh! boring!!!
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:

Takes me 12-15 mins to do that commute I just posted, it's so boring with all the traffic and light duh! boring!!!

Can't post the link.

If you have time you can follow me to Wimbledon Tube today. Though I don't want you to miss your train. Takes me about an 1hr to get home. (40-45mins in)

Not sure how to post the link for the route.

But its pretty simple. If you follow the tube stations South Wimbledon tube - Oval tube. Go past Oval and take a left up Kennington Road, head towards Lambeth North tube, take a right and then you are buy Waterloo tube. Around the the Imax over the bridge you know the rest.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Can't post the link.

If you have time you can follow me to Wimbledon Tube today. Though I don't want you to miss your train. Takes me about an 1hr to get home. (40-45mins in)

Not sure how to post the link for the route.

But its pretty simple. If you follow the tube stations South Wimbledon tube - Oval tube. Go past Oval and take a left up Kennington Road, head towards Lambeth North tube, take a right and then you are buy Waterloo tube. Around the the Imax over the bridge you know the rest.

Can you PM me the route?

I'm leaving now see you about 17:30 :wink:
  • itboffin
    Nice work over waterloo bridge, shame about the traffic you were flighing ;)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,418
    What's this? You heading over our way ITB? Us A24/A3'ers would love to see you south of the river, but you can leave the PF behind. :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Who scalped whom?
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:
    Nice work over waterloo bridge, shame about the traffic you were flighing ;)

I had a proper wobble just before the car and bus due to wind and realised I may be overcooking it.

Brief but fun!
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    Agent57 wrote:
    Who scalped whom?

:lol:

As if we could do that to each other :twisted: