Hair Drying

fenboy369
fenboy369 Posts: 425
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
After the morning shower at work my hair, like most other hairy headed people who wash their hair in the shower, is wet.
Up till now I would towel dry it and be happy. But I havent been to the ear lowering shop for a while and its a bit long now.
Now I usually have a Richard Hammond sort of thing going on, but when I put hair products in I need it dry or it looks crap. Am I being a tart in wanting a hair dryer installed to dry it properly?

I feel I have answered my own question... :oops:
'11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
'11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
'09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
'07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Nuff said
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    fenboy369 wrote:
    After the morning shower at work my hair, like most other hairy headed people who wash their hair in the shower, is wet.
    Up till now I would towel dry it and be happy. But I havent been to the ear lowering shop for a while and its a bit long now.
    Now I usually have a Richard Hammond sort of thing going on, but when I put hair products in I need it dry or it looks crap. Am I being a tart in wanting a hair dryer installed to dry it properly?

I'm confused. Your user name involves the word boy so I assumed you were male. But you are talking about washing hair and drying it like a burd, so now I'm confused and frightened.

That's all I had to add, my hair reacts to water differently to yours...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Carly Simon (currently playing on Smooth FM) :)
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Cafewanda wrote:

At the gym there was a dude in the changing rooms with a set of GHDs!

Whassatallabout??? :shock:
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I have genuinely no idea what you're talking about. I believe I understood most of the words, apart from "hair dryer".
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    fenboy369 wrote:
    wanting a hair dryer installed to dry it properly?

Installed? Installed on your bike? Wouldn't the normal procedure be to buy one...and plug it in? I may be wrong, I'm a number 1 kinda guy so have no experience in these things really.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    kelsen wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

What is a GHD???? :?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Matt.K
    Matt.K Posts: 105
    davis wrote:
    I have genuinely no idea what you're talking about. I believe I understood most of the words, apart from "hair dryer".

Hair dryer = towel.

Is there a hot-air hand dryer? Try sticking your head under that.
    Unless it's one of those Dyson airblade ones. That could be painful.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    fenboy369 wrote:

PING

PING

PING

Sir... we have a contact on the Gaydar!

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    kelsen wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

It's a ridiculously expensive brand of hair straighteners that my wife insisted upon rather than the £30 jobbies I offered to get her
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    kelsen wrote:
    kelsen wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

It's a ridiculously expensive brand of hair straighteners that my wife insisted upon rather than the £30 jobbies I offered to get her

"but its all worth it...*cute face*" that what the reply i got from my OH, when i asked why she want a GHD one.
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • DonDaddyD
    fenboy369 wrote:

Isn't it the case that if a Man has a Gaydar he himself is gay?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Chuck Norris doesn't dry his hair, his hair dries up water.

Real men rub battery acid into their hair the acid dries up everything see...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Cafewanda
    [ I'm a number 1 kinda guy so have no experience in these things really.

Ditto for me as a burd. Even after 17 years my friends still lapse and ask me if I have such things as combs, hair bands etc :shock: :)
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    unless I am going out my hair washing routine is simple...wash, towel dry, comb and leave.

Men seem to faff about their hair more than us girls, but then I guess we have shoes to worry about instead :wink:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    MTFU!

philips-qc5170-hair-clipper.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DonDaddyD
    NGale wrote:
    unless I am going out my hair washing routine is simple...wash, towel dry, comb and leave.

Men seem to faff about their hair more than us girls, but then I guess we have shoes to worry about instead :wink:

But aren't you a Green Beret or something?

Being a girl doesn't count and you can't use that to your advantage now! You lost that right when you learned how to survive in shark infested waters with nothing but a sock...

I heard you can complete Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the hardest level without dying... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    my hair washing routine is dead easy...

I start washing my face with a flannel and some soap....then just keep going up and back, until I have washed the back of my neck.

Hair drying? yours must be faulty...mine is dry by the time i am even out of the shower! :wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Ah but my haircare routine is wash dry put stuff in brush leave, unless I'm going out.

And I don't even own a beret.

Fenboy, get a haircut.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    NGale wrote:

But aren't you a Green Beret or something?

Being a girl doesn't count and you can't use that to your advantage now! You lost that right when you learned how to survive in shark infested waters with nothing but a sock...

I heard you can complete Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the hardest level without dying... :shock:

na I wear a normal blue beret. I leave all that commando green beret stuff to Jake.

I can complete Wii bowling on the hardest level without dying ;)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm confused. Your user name involves the word boy so I assumed you were male. But you are talking about washing hair and drying it like a burd, so now I'm confused and frightened.

That's all I had to add, my hair reacts to water differently to yours...

Fenboy is a boy. I tend to confuse and frighten people a lot. Sorry...

Matt.K wrote:
    Is there a hot-air hand dryer? Try sticking your head under that.
    Unless it's one of those Dyson airblade ones. That could be painful.

I quite like the Dyson AirBlade idea. You would have to keep your eyes shut or glasses on though... 8)

DonDaddyD wrote:

Isn't it the case that if a Man has a Gaydar he himself is gay?

DDD, spot on. Kieran B is firing the Gaydar, and I aint recieving it... :?

DonDaddyD wrote:
    Chuck Norris doesn't dry his hair, his hair dries up water.

Real men rub battery acid into their hair the acid dries up everything see...

A feel this could be a new way to scalp people, well thought of DDD. I like!

Fenboy, get a haircut.

I had to cancel my last appointment, and the stylist I go to is all booked up for a month ahead. Bloody people. Why cant they fit in around my busy schedule....
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,418
    I'm sorry, stylist? Richard Hammond look? Have I missed something? :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    fenboy369 wrote:
    I had to cancel my last appointment, and the stylist I go to is all booked up for a month ahead. Bloody people. Why cant they fit in around my busy schedule....

Stylist? Appointment? For some vestigial fluff on your bonce? Are you quite mad?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've been known to stick my head under the hand drier at work after coming in particularly soaked.

I wouldn't normally care, but dripping all over the keyboard when I'm trying to read forums... er.. write code gets quite annoying.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Stylist ? Nope - not in my dictionary - nearest I get to style is number 5 on top number 3 round the side
  • Cafewanda
    Whatever happened to barber shops? They extinct now? :lol:
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    fenboy369 wrote:
    stylist

<shakes head> Dear me </shakes head>

You'll be getting your teeth whitened next!

Yes Linsen, I am aware of the irony that I shave my legs
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Richard Hammond pays money to look like that ? :roll:
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Got me a No1 all over. Currently look like Bruce Willis, Picard or Travolta in his latest flik.

Got more hair on me bum now...
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Splottboy wrote:
    Got me a No1 all over. Currently look like Bruce Willis, Picard or Travolta

Who Bruce Picard/ Bruce Travolta?
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed