Lockblock/P7 Torch

mrfmilo
mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Quick question - does the MTE P7 torch fit the Fenix Lockblock?

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I don't know, I wouldn't recommend the lockblocks though. They shake around too much, IME.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mrfmilo
    Seen lots of good reviews of them - what would you recommend?
  • bails87
    I use a Lockblock to hold the C1 (I think) torch on my helmet, that's okay. But for the P7 on the bars I use the one from DX linked to at the start of the What Lights thread.
    MTB/CX

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    For a bar mount I use a cheap QR bar mount I got off Chain Reaction for £2, think it's for a Smart, and a hose clip which cost about 30p. Simple to use, and more stable than any "proper" bike light mount I've ever seen.

You can go cheaper and more solid still with 2 hose clips- one round the bar, one looped through that one then round the torch- but that's not so easy to fit and remove. Use that for the tesco torch on my commuter since I never want to take it off anyway.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • mrfmilo
    Northwind wrote:
    For a bar mount I use a cheap QR bar mount I got off Chain Reaction for £2, think it's for a Smart, and a hose clip which cost about 30p. Simple to use, and more stable than any "proper" bike light mount I've ever seen.

You can go cheaper and more solid still with 2 hose clips- one round the bar, one looped through that one then round the torch- but that's not so easy to fit and remove. Use that for the tesco torch on my commuter since I never want to take it off anyway.

Thanks, I think I'll try this. :)

(Btw, thanks bails)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I've got pics somewhere but I can't get on my photobucket account at work, they're in the hopelessly gigantic lights thread though.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15642

you could use this, you will need a rubber strip for inbetween the torch and the plastic holder bit, to hold torch in place. and have to screw off the end bit of the torch when putting on or taking it off the holder.

if you want a perfect stable holder - 2 jubilee clips size 2a 35 - 50 mm and few rubber strips (non adhesive) will take a bit longer to get the holder off and on but doesnt move at all on washboard surfaced roads.
  • mrfmilo
    Northwind wrote:
    I've got pics somewhere but I can't get on my photobucket account at work, they're in the hopelessly gigantic lights thread though.

Don't worry, I've already seen pics :wink:
  • bails87
    bobpzero
    That's the one.

I used a lockblock to hold a Fenix (L2D?) on my bars, and it shook about quite a bit
    MTB/CX