Nice one, Hope

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited March 2010 in MTB general
On Monday I wasn't having much luck finding a replacement bolt for my Hed Doctor so I blasted off an e-mail to Barnoldswick to see if I could buy one direct from Hope. I got a response in a matter of minutes saying they would be happy to send one FOC and sure enough it arrived yesterday.

Great people, great service.

Comments

• scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Nice one thats what you want isn't it!

I've bought a lot of hope kit in the past an never had any issues (touch wood) :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Would be better if they just made one that didnt melt like butter as soon as you try to do it up any more than finger tight!!!! :wink:

Great headsets, mine has been faultless but that head doctor thing just ended up in the bin in favour of a good ole star washer.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • They did the exact same thing when I snapped a bolt on my seat clamp. I made it perfectly clear it was my fault for being a ham fisted ape, but they still sent out a new bolt the same day FOC.

I know it's only a really small thing for them to do, but when you look at certain other companies *cough* Mavic *cough* which are an absolute mare to deal with, keep you waiting for ages with no response, then take more ages about sending out the part you requested (small bolt) then charge you an absolute freckin fortune for the pleasure it's nice to deal with a company who just get on with it.
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Cough, Fishers, Cough.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I have never had a single problem with head doctors, Ive ditched all the star nuts from my bikes and replced them with the HD. They can be a b!tch to fit into some steerer tubes but with a bit of TLC they will go in.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • spuddle
    spuddle Posts: 61
    The battery for my vision 4 light started rattling inside, over a year of having it, also Lost the stem/helmet mount bracket thingy for my light, and had worn out the adjuster on the bite point screw, sent em an email... they sent me back my battery fixed with new foam pad on it, new screw and brass adjuster, and a bracket for the light, ALL FOC!!
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Hope are awesome.

The fixed the pins in my three year old HID battery FOC.

And if you do something daft while servicing your brakes thay are more than happy to tell you how to fix things over the phone.
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Last year, I completely deformed the Ti Freehub on a Hope XC Hub. I replaced it with a steel one and sent them the one I'd b0rked to see if there had been a problem with the way it had been manufactured. They phoned me up to say that they were impressed with what I'd done, that they would send it off for analysis, to see if there was an issue with the metal. They also offered to replace it under warrenty, which I declined as the freehub was well over 3 years old. They did send me some 'freebies' - stickers and stuff in the post though.

Excellent company, excellent service. I'd rather pay an extra few £ for one of their products, knowing that if anything went wrong, they would sort it out.
  • PaceFace
    PaceFace Posts: 63
    Tim.s wrote:
    Would be better if they just made one that didnt melt like butter as soon as you try to do it up any more than finger tight!!!! :wink:

You're doing it wrong :roll: :wink:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'd rather pay an extra few £ for one of their products, knowing that if anything went wrong, they would sort it out.

That's the rub, eh, this sort of thing isn't free, you just pay for it up front. Still, I like how they do business, they could easily get away with cutting some of these corners but they don't.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    Best one I got from Hope, one of my rotors was damaged in the post.
    They asked me where I live (10 miles from factory), said e would drop a replacment off on his way home from work!!!!

WOW, would any of you guys do that for a client?
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Northwind wrote:
    I'd rather pay an extra few £ for one of their products, knowing that if anything went wrong, they would sort it out.

That's the rub, eh, this sort of thing isn't free, you just pay for it up front. Still, I like how they do business, they could easily get away with cutting some of these corners but they don't.

But if they did, then they'd lose their biggest advantage. So you'd be paying extra for nothing.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Hope are great, customer service is amazing. I had an issue with my Vision 4, it was out of warranty but after my email to them, they phoned me within 10 minutes with a fix and if it still wouldn't work right I could send it to them to look at.

10 out of 10!!!! Keeping it British and keeping it (relativly small).

8)
    Craig Rogers
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    scale20 wrote:
    I have never had a single problem with head doctors, Ive ditched all the star nuts from my bikes and replced them with the HD. They can be a b!tch to fit into some steerer tubes but with a bit of TLC they will go in.

Sorta like... SFNs.
  • hotnajers
    hotnajers Posts: 61
    Head doctor is easy to fit never needs adjusting not like the star fangled bag of sh1t
  • Northwind
    bails87 wrote:
    But if they did, then they'd lose their biggest advantage. So you'd be paying extra for nothing.

Nah, what I mean is they don't just have a great warranty, they exceed it. Frinstance try and get a single bolt for a 10 year old Shimano component, you'll be lucky if you can even buy it whereas Hope will often send one for free- you'd be happy enough to buy one and that'd be good service in itself.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    hotnajers wrote:
    Head doctor is easy to fit never needs adjusting not like the star fangled bag of sh1t

Adjustable SFN?
  • Northwind
    I was wondering about that one too :lol: How do you adjust an SFN? With a big hammer? They're pretty much the definition of fit and forget surely?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I knackered a stem in a crash, completely my fault obviously, I emailed them to see if there was any kind of crash replacement policy. They told be to stick it in the post and a few days later a shiny new one arrived :D

There seem to be some hope haters on the forum but in my experience their products have always worked without issue.

Great company
  • Northwind
    ravey1981 wrote:
    I knackered a stem in a crash, completely my fault obviously, I emailed them to see if there was any kind of crash replacement policy. They told be to stick it in the post and a few days later a shiny new one arrived :D

If I was a Hope H8er (tm) I might point out that you could have bought 2 Gusset Staffs or Truvativ AKAs or similiar for the same amount, and they'd be lighter than the Hope to boot ;) But that would just be rude :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Hope have got it sussed. They know there are a lot of bike tarts out there so offer everything with extra bling.

Think how much money they have made selling pink brakes and custum coloured floating rotors or even gold seat clamps.

But they back it up with mostly very good products and customer service that you don't really get from anyone else
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • Northwind
    supersonic wrote:
    Or 5 Exotic ones ;-)

Yeah, but the ones I mentioned are purty.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    hotnajers wrote:

Eh!? :shock: :?