Pink and ..........

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited March 2010 in MTB general
What?

I've been ragging my head as to what colour bling bits will go with the Pink Scandal frame I have.

When I bought it they suggested white finishing kit i.e. bars and seatpost, but I reckon thats a little too much so I went for black. I'm thinking that a few small white touches might go ok.

What do you lot reckon?
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    probably would go.. but do you not think it be a bit femani. ne (as i sit here in my missus house looking round the bedroom at the pink and white bedding curtains pillow cases table lamp)

wonder what pink and gold would look like.
    or pink and sivler
  • scale20
    delcol wrote:
    probably would go.. but do you not think it be a bit femani.

That was exactly my thoughts when on-one suggested white finishing kit. My daughters Specialized hotwalk's pink and white :?

I've never been a big fan of silver on bikes.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I agree with you on the white finishing kit...too much. Brown can go well with pink, sometimes, but you might struggle with that.

I think silver rather than gold.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Personally, pink and white bikes make me feel sick they are too alike, i think contrasting colours always work better.
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • nfrang
    nfrang Posts: 250
    edited March 2010
    Google complementry colour wheel. Opposite colours are 'complementry'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_color

edit: too much time on my hands.

colorwheel_browsersafe.gif
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    my daughters scott contessa junior is pink and white i forgot about that....

wonder if pink and green would go if you could find green parts that is.

back in the day i had a peugeot trail mtb that was blk and pink and look awesome
  • scale20
    At the moment it's a pink and black build, well it will be when it's built :lol: the saddle is white and black, on-one inbred saddle.

Maybe things will become clearer once its built.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • scale20
    Nfrang,

Thats wasted on me, I'm colour blind so trying to figure out whats pink on that chart is pretty nails :lol::lol:

And now you know that, yeah I did know the frame was pink before I bought it :lol::lol:

What about a bit of purple? :roll:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • nfrang
    nfrang Posts: 250
    scale20 wrote:
    Nfrang,

Thats wasted on me, I'm colour blind so trying to figure out whats pink on that chart is pretty nails :lol::lol:
    Ha ha...i dont get it exactly but opposite the pinks are greens, yellows, and err browns...which will compliment the best i guess. I'd love a pink bike btw 8)
  • scale20
    Ah yeah now you have pointed it out I can see it.

It was put to the vote on here for a pink or green frame, pink came out on top :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    green, pink & white
    8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • scale20
    I'm thinking green, British racing green.

I'm also thinking about some carbon bits but some glossy garbon with a good prominent weave on show
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    black.
    has to be.
    cool manly black will ofset the natural girlieness of pink.
    will look sick to the power of rad.
    sort of.
    :D
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    pink and green is nice. Back in the day i sprayed a marin pine mountain pink frame green forks and bits looked ace.
    Not british racing green, look on the chart yellow green number 4 thats the green i used.
    If i can find a pic i'll post it for you to have a look
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    mkf wrote:
    pink and green is nice.

get that man a white stick !
    :wink:
  • scale20
    Be good to see if you can find a pic.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    scale20, TBH I think pink and black compliment one another very nicely. That would be my choice
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    scale20 wrote:
    I'm thinking green, British racing green.

Did you not just choose a pink bike over a british racing green one?
    delcol wrote:
    probably would go.. but do you not think it be a bit femani. ne

It's a pink bike. No amount of white is going to make it any less manly. But it WILL look good...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Red, ano parts (headset/BB/clamp/skewers/cage bolts etc) looks nice with pink, always a winner. With regards to bars post etc, black without a doubt.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    edited March 2010
    If you're getting hope stuff 'Gunsmoke' might look quite nice....
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • scale20
    you could be onto something there.

I bought the Mrs some gunsmoke QR's for her bike, I will have to check them out next to the pink.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    Scale
    I think that with something like pink you need something that will contrast well but not to dark.

I therefore suggest: Battleship Grey, always goes well with those soft girly colours. Matt if poss. :wink:

Check out my District, this will show how a bright colour is mellowed by a more bland colour
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    ok this is going to sound ridiculous, but think about it for a moment.

that pink of the scandal frame is quite a hot pink, now i'd imagine you'd like the pink to pop™ and the best way is not to go with a complimentary colour.

now if that frame is number 5 in the red-violet tertiary colour section on the above chart then i'd reckon finishing kit in the range of 5/6 (leaning to 6 myself) of the blue primary section of the chart.

you can blame a girl i met in a lingerie shop for that combination of colours but by christ it works.
    Fancy a brew?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Pink and blue looks great. I often use it when designing.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I was also about to say blue, make sure all the blue matches though is possible
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    BlackSpur wrote:
    I was also about to say blue, make sure all the blue matches though is possible

goes without saying, a nice muted blue would be ideal as that would make the pink really pop, and i think would look amazing.
    Fancy a brew?
  • scale20
    According to the Mrs on the phone (Im away til the weekend) The gunsmoke QR's she has looks well against the pink, nice and subtle.

The blue sounds good, Hope blue or something a bit lighter?
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • why not just go G.A.Y. and go for rainbow colours.
  • nikstar1
    nikstar1 Posts: 103
    No I would stick with the black. A matt black for most parts as this will make it look more slick. I don't think lots of white will look good as it just reminds me of my first bike with tassels coming out the handlebars!

If you wanted it to look manly I am really unsure why you picked a pink bike!? adding a second colour is not going to disguise the pink so you might as well embrace it!
  • scale20
    I love the pink frame I'm just a tart when it comes to blinging up my bikes. I'm sticking with the matt black bars and seat post, Its just that its not even built yet and I want to buy shiny bits for it :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.