West of Scotland forum ride?

2»

Comments

• rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Doing a recce for Etape Caledonia is a quite a distance away really though, prefer to keep it a bit more west-central to be honest.
  • lmk1
    lmk1 Posts: 95
    April's edition of cycling plus magazine has a supplement with routes round the uk/ ireland. one is a 37 mile route from gartmore through aberfoyle over the dukes pass and round loch katrine. this might be more central and if the weather ever gets better some folk could extend the run if they wished.
  • lmk1
    PS lucky paddy i see you train round wanlockhead where you based myself and skiddypants are in lanark
  • hi I am just outside carnwath on the lang whang
  • lmk1
    we were heading up round a loop from lanark to carnwath in the evenings last year. No doubt if and when weather improves we'll be out same way again soon. i'll look out for you if we're doing a forum ride thingy. we'll be the slow and old ones
  • Dr U Idh
    Dr U Idh Posts: 324
    :D

Carnwath is my normal "turn around " spot. from Balerno. Usually means the start of the easy (i.e.. down-wind) leg.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    I'll go anywhere and ride anywhere.......the longer the better.
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • DaveMoss
    DaveMoss Posts: 236
    Seems to be a lot of debate but no decision. Maybe it's now time for the origional poster to kill the debate, decide the day, the place, the time and the route and that's it, no argument just join in or don't.
    Sportives and tours, 100% for charity, http://www.tearfundcycling.btck.co.uk
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    DaveMoss wrote:
    Seems to be a lot of debate but no decision. Maybe it's now time for the origional poster to kill the debate, decide the day, the place, the time and the route and that's it, no argument just join in or don't.

+1
  • Any further forward with this event?
    Skinny Git on a Bianchi.
  • davic
    davic Posts: 12
    anyone near coatbridge fancy a spin out some time?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Any further forward with this event?
    Sorry, guys. I've had to put this on the back boiler for the moment - I've got some serious, serious shit to deal with ATM. I'm expecting it to turn out badly.

If anyone else would like to take it on I'll PM them what I'd worked out.

Again, sorry.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • themightyw
    themightyw Posts: 409
    Take care Crapaud. Best of luck.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Lets try and get this sorted. I am in Cambuslang and willing to ride anywhere!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk