wthrelfall Posts: 166
I'm receiving PM's but can't send them.. getting this error message:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 503 Error: authentication not enabled

please help!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked in your out box?

bet there are lots waiting to be read by the receiver.

it is a new known problem but everything is working.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • wthrelfall
    nothing in my outbox.
  • nicklouse
    and in your sent box?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • wthrelfall
    ah yes. they are all in there. although haven't had any replies so either someone's not talking to me or they are not getting my pm's!
  • nicklouse
    if they are in the sent box they have read them. if they are in the Out box they have not read them. as per the info in the FAQs.
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    Same problem here :(

only a few in my inbox available, just cleared my sent, outbox and saved, getting the same error:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 503 Error: authentication not enabled

:(
  • nicklouse
    FFS they are being sent. they stay in the OUTBOX untill they are read.

send me one if you want.
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    agreed Nick, sorry to trouble you it is hanging in the outbox. still get the error message but it seems to work, i'll just ingore it.

Cheers

Terry
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    I am getting the same error code and all seem to be in outbox but certainly not in sent
    So Far!
  • loltoride
    I just got same messgae when I posted on this thread?
    So Far!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Ignore the message. It's being sorted. If the messages are in your outbox or sent box, it's worked.
  • nicklouse
    yes like i keep saying it is a known problem message but everything is working as normal.

yes messages go to the outbox until they are read when they move to the sent box.

stealthelite1986
    yes it stays there until it is read.
  • loltoride
    Thanks Gentleman, I presume all fixed now as not receiving message after sending this post.
    So Far!
  • nicklouse
    nope it is a very temperamental error.
  • bhodgkiss
    bhodgkiss Posts: 745
    i am getting the error too
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Same here, when I'm posting to threads, posts still go through though so it's not a major issue but obviously not just restricted to PMs but effects normal posts as well.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse