Worlds hardest cyclist

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Left home this morning - had to drive as the car is being picked up from work :roll:

-2 when I left and heavy frost on everything

Get to the bottom of my road to pull out onto the A6, glance both ways and stop in absolute shock.

Guy cycles by on the other side of the road - leggings (fine). T-Shirt and Hi-Viz vest. :shock: :shock: :shock:

-2 and this guy is cycling past with bare arms and just a t-shirt with open hi-viz vest on.

Good God.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    ....-2 and this guy is cycling past with bare arms and just a t-shirt with open hi-viz vest on.

Good God.

Maybe he was Scottish.

Cheers,
    W.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    ....-2 and this guy is cycling past with bare arms and just a t-shirt with open hi-viz vest on.

Good God.

Maybe he was Scottish.

Cheers,
    W.

Nah he'd have had shorts on too if he was a jock.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:

Good God.

Maybe he was Scottish.

Cheers,
    W.

Wearing a skirt, shirley?
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    prawny wrote:

Good God.

Maybe he was Scottish.

Cheers,
    W.

and one of these...

tam-o-shanter-delux.jpg
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    prawny wrote:

Good God.

Maybe he was Scottish.

Cheers,
    W.

Wearing a skirt, shirley?

You'd have to go side saddle then surely? For dignity's sake, does dignity go that far north? :wink:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • sally65
    sally65 Posts: 76
    I cycled to work at 4.30am when it was -10. When I arrived I had a layer of ice on the front of my jacket. Bring on summer.
  • prawny wrote:
    You'd have to go side saddle then surely? For dignity's sake, does dignity go that far north? :wink:

If you're not careful about your saddle position, it can go further North than you might expect. :shock:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    prawny wrote:

have you ever seen a bunch of scotsman in kilts? dignity doesn't even come into it....

a man in a kilt will have that kilt above his waist on average about 3.6 times per hour, usually with a woman doing the lifting and a gang of her peers all taking 'upkilt' shots with their camera phones!. FACT.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.