Bad Brains MBC -Wakefield/Morley/Barnsley

stAnBadBrainsMBC
stAnBadBrainsMBC Posts: 3
edited January 2012 in MTB rides
We ride every Tuesday and Thursday night

This Tuesdays Pootle ride (steadier paced ride for riders in less of rush) will be from the Trans Pennine Trail car park Walton Clicky

Ready to ride 7.30

Drinks in the New Inn apres ride

RIDE BIKES - DRINK BEER - EAT CAKE

Comments

• CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    A bit short notice for me but keep posting on here and I'll come along for the next one and meet some new faces.
  • Make sure you get down Craig, I joined towards the end of last summer, you couldn't meet a better bunch, and all very helpfull to novices like me - although with their help I 'may' be moving out of the novice category and into the 'fairly capable except for really rough descents' category :?
    Where abouts in Leeds are you? I'm at Methley and a few of us go from mine at weekends now and again, this weekend we were out Sherburn, Saxton, Lotherton way, on a mix of road and trails.
  • The harder, Ginsters' ride is from The Two Brewers, Ossett.
    :oops:
    Is it rideable?
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I'm actually in Heckmondwike between Leeds and Huddersfield but work in Leeds. I've been around Methley when doing the Trans Penine Route from Leeds.

I have heard of them before as they are Morley based, my birth town, but forgot all about them until now so will try and meet up with them as my mates are unreliable and mainly fair weather.

I'd like to meet you all at some point too as don't know any of the trails around Sherburn and it would be shame to miss some that are on my doorstep so to speak.
  • They (we) are Wakey based really, though we do quite a few rides from Morley.
  • click here to find out a bit more about us[/url]
  • We're riding from The Ring o' Bells, Silkstone. 730pm tonight.
    Is it rideable?
  • Speightk
    Speightk Posts: 6
    Are these rides for road or MTB.

Just moved into the Ossett area and looking at MTB routes, will consider road if anyone is around, be gentle on me...
  • BrokenSoul
    BrokenSoul Posts: 13
    They're MTB rides.

Pootle rides are easier, Ginsters are eyeballs out (for me, anyway).
    Is it rideable?
  • Speightk
    Speightk Posts: 6
    Just looked at the Bad Brains MBC - I see there as been rides meeting at NMD car park,

Are these the closest places people meeting in the wakefield area, Just been on a 18miler around Netherton, Flockton..

Just wondering if there is any club members near to Ossett

Karl
  • James23
    James23 Posts: 113
    I work in Morely and could bring the bike in on the train, well hopefully try to in rush hour, do you guys ride in Morely Often?
  • tubaonwheels
    tubaonwheels Posts: 448
    Hi James, yes we do a few rides around Morley, starting from Morley Asda, also from Churwell (New Inn I think - but don't quote me) taking in Post Hill. Keep looking on Bad brains forum for all rides.
    Steve.
  • James23
    James23 Posts: 113
    Ok, will do hopefully there will be one soon. :lol::lol:

Also what time do the rides start/finish as i live in Huddersfield, and i will have to get a train or ride home.

Cheers James
  • tubaonwheels
    tubaonwheels Posts: 448
    Midweek rides start at 7.30 and finish 9.30 - 10.00 ish (says me that has hardly done any night rides yet :roll: )
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Hello all,

I'm in Barnsley and would love to tag along. I'll keep a look out for more local starts on your site.

Good luck.

Ming
  • Tuesday 10th August, meet at The Ring o' Bells, Silkstone. Ready to ride 19:30

All welcome, bring some money for a pint afterwards.
    Is it rideable?
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    BrokenSoul wrote:
    Tuesday 10th August, meet at The Ring o' Bells, Silkstone. Ready to ride 19:30

All welcome, bring some money for a pint afterwards.

Sorry I missed it, was in Mallorca. (Hired a FELT for 3 days :-)

I'll keep a look out for the next one.

Cheers
  • Bad Brains Pootle.
    Newmillardam. The car park opposite The Fox & Hounds. Thursday, ready to ride 7:30pm. It'll be steady.

For anyone who's interested, like.

Chip.
    Is it rideable?
  • Hi all would love to tag along some time but due to working long hours and other commitments &kids I can only get out on a wk end usually a sun I'm Leeds based and usually ride trail centres .i will keep an eye out for any rides that take in post hill as only 5mins away from me cheers all and enjoy the cake I'll eat mi pies