Biking and Lanzarote??

lm_trek
lm_trek Posts: 1,470
edited March 2010 in MTB general
I went a few years ago and loved it, managed to get this years booked so in sept i will be sun, sea, sand and biking! anyone go in recent months and any recommendations?? i did use a company last time but can't remember the name, and im sure i saw a thread on here somewhere recently as well but can't find it now!

Im staying in costa teguise so north of the island would be great! any tips or pointers in the right direction would be great!

Was thinking of taking my own lid, pads and camelbak?? anything else i should take! would love to take my own bike but doubt i could get it on the flight.

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Yep, stayed in Costa bout 8 yrs ago, I went thro the building sites by the coast, North, and then headed inland. Quite some good singletrack - if it's still there and not hotels - and then did some stuff towards a long road climb up to a Radio mast/Military installation.
    Nice quiet villages on the way, deserted during Siesta time!

Also did ride up/down Montana Roja - Red Mountain - in the south, Playa Blanca.
    Great for intervals! The caldeara here is "almost" totally rideable in a circular stylee, but I had to walk some bits.

Took own bike on both occasions and to Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Zakinthos too.
    NO SHOPS outside of main towns when we were there, carry Everything with you !!!
    Make sure it's got Puncture proof tyres, as volcanic rock/cactus to make it safe.

Probably loads more routes, but with mrs/kids, couldn't do too much.
  • lm_trek
    No one else??
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Google mate, i found 5 places in 30 seconds.

http://www.mountainbike-lanzarote.com/l ... rips5.html

http://www.lanzarotebikes.com/

Spoke to both places for my trip in Oct and both seem good.
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    Ride to Club La Santa and go into either the bike shop (on the running track) or the bookings office and buy a route map (gives elevation and directions). Think there are about a dozen rides in the book, costs a couple of euros and gives rides from 50 -180k...

You wouldn't be able to hire a bike from there unless you are a guest/prisoner

Other than that there is a bike shop in La Santa village but don't know if they hire out but should be able to provide route details.
  • lm_trek
    Already googled and emailed all places, all sent back the same sort of reply, low demand for mtb's and the routes looking unlikely for the summer, please email back closer to the time!

Trying to plan my holiday, if i can get hold of routes before i go then the bike isn't going to be a problem.
  • nikstar1
    nikstar1 Posts: 103
    This sounds amazing!! I would definitely be up for some kind of trip like this soon. Don't think I am quite experienced enough to go just yet but in a couple of years I think this would be a serious option!!