Carrera Subway Bottom Bracket help

RJHazell
RJHazell Posts: 25
edited March 2010 in The workshop
Hopefully I'm not flogging a dead horse here........

I found what looks like a pretty cheap Bottom Bracket on my Carrera Subway - (Surprised?) Chin Haur CH52-68 116L.... I'm a bit puzzled by the 116L - I know this refers to the width of the spindle but I can't find any after market models with this size spindle...

Can anyone recommend what I should do when it comes to replacing the BB? Do I go for a 115 or 118? I'm aware of chain line issues and personally think I'll be safe with a 115.

Any comments welcome - Cheers......... RJH

P.S. - Anyone had any issues or advice on carrera bikes? I spent £199 on mine 18 months ago - I've done between 25-60 miles a week on it since..... No major issues with it considering.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I think you'll be safe with a 115 too.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    I looked up the suntour superbe cranks..... which I think you have. Suntour recommend a 118 bb.

Interesting...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    For a given chainline yes - the frame may be designed for a different chainline.

But in reality this is going to make little difference. Always best to go for slightly larger than smaller though.
  • RJHazell
    RJHazell Posts: 25
    Thanks for the replies - Turns out that my subway was stolen about 45 minutes after posting that thread!!!

I've since bought the 2010 carrera subway - I'll see what bottom bracket this one has when I give her a once over...
  • benpinnick
    RJHazell wrote:
    Thanks for the replies - Turns out that my subway was stolen about 45 minutes after posting that thread!!!

I've since bought the 2010 carrera subway - I'll see what bottom bracket this one has when I give her a once over...

Sorry to hear that! Hope the new BB lasts longer though.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.