Does site go down periodically?

CakeHag1
CakeHag1 Posts: 24
Is it just me, or my computer, that finds frequently when I come to BikeRadar that I can't get on? The message is always the non-legit-url message. It's frustrating because it'll happen in the middle of following a good thread and it'll be a day before I can get back on again. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not been down for some time.

when have you had the problems?

what browser?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • CakeHag1
    Using Mozilla Firefox and this is almost exclusively early mornings and evenings, EST
  • nicklouse
    so from about 2 hours agoish?

now being 10:30 am est.

cant say that i have seen down time in the afternoon (Europe time) this year.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • CakeHag1
    No, it would be the five-seven am slot, EST, and then the 10-11:59pm EST slot - just when you have the time to actually be using the computer for leisure - but it hasn't happened today. Last time this happened was thursday and friday, last week, that I saw- Thanks
  • Ho hum
    Ho hum Posts: 236
    I had problems accessing the site/forum with Firefox on Saturday.

It was fine through IE though.
  • CakeHag1
    Ah, ok - so maybe it is a firefox thing?
  • nicklouse
    CakeHag1

nope i am running FF and looking at your times cant say i have had any probs then.

today there have been a few posting error messages but things have worked.

10-11:59pm EST that is very asleep time for me so no comment.
  • CakeHag1
    The site has been showing as the URL being down beginning from 3:47 est yesterday until just now - FYI - I pulled up IE and got the same result? I'm using a wireless connection and no other sites have been doing this?
  • nicklouse
    been fine all day. has to be something with your connection over the water.

as you can check by looking at some posting times.
  • CakeHag1
    wow- first time I've been able to get on in a while. I'm going to be moving to a mac soon - knock on wood that'll help - I really like the site, mostly because it's cycling plus humor - shame to miss out- thanks
  • nicklouse
    It has to be some issues on your side.

as it has been fine here.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Stops working for a few days, buy my son showed me how to delete cookies, then it seems to work agin, but NOT always>
    Go figure!