Richmond Park - ice

cjcp
cjcp Posts: 13,345
There was a thin layer of ice of on the stretch between Robin Hood and Roehampton Gates (anti-c/w) this morning, which brought down three riders - one with a nasty gash on his forehead. (I don't know if he hit his head on the wooden posts.)

Careful if you're going there folks.
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Comments

• Yeah, I saw that this morning. A beautiful morning to be out but a bit hairy on that section. Take care out there, kids.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    My gf crashed down there this morning, snapping her Oakleys during the incident. Luckily she's not too badly damaged....
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    Thanks for the tip. I live near RP , it's very tempting on a day like today to nip in there for a couple of laps. I certainly wouldn't have been thinking about ice ifI had gone in there today.

Snake

My Library
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    snakehips wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. I live near RP , it's very tempting on a day like today to nip in there for a couple of laps. I certainly wouldn't have been thinking about ice ifI had gone in there today.

Snake

My Library

Unless you are travelling early in the morning or late in the evening at this time of year in southern england then ice isnt a concern unless its exceptionally cold. Today, road temperatures would have been above zero by 0900, even in the coldest shaded spots, and are still above zero now. Road temperatures early this afternoon werent far off 20C in the sunshine.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    My gf crashed down there this morning, snapping her Oakleys during the incident. Luckily she's not too badly damaged....

Where was that? I helped a girl to her feet at Richmond Gate roundabout - which is more than the guy in front of me did. He thought it better just to cycle past her, about a foot from her head, and go by his merry way. Tit.