Hi

Robbeh
Robbeh Posts: 2
edited March 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi guys,

Got a new bike a few weeks back and have been loving it, got the Carrera Fury (I think) from the halfords sale anyway I've been getting alot of chain slipping when putting alot of pressure down and while going uphill and sometimes it even slips into another gear this causes me to not have so much trust in the bike that I should be enjoying alot more. I've given it a few weeks because I thought it might be because its new but its not got any better.

Also when spinning the front wheel freely it seems as if there is some friction as if its rubbing against the brakes is there any way to sop this. I have the disc spec if that helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    hiya,

First off i would take it to another halfords, and ask them to give it a service, explain the problems tyou have had and see what they do.

Secondly (if that fails) drop into a LBS (Local Bike Store) they will probably be able to diagnose.

My Mongoose had a similar issue when i first used it, found it was a long chain (to long)

Hope that helps a little....

All the best

Joe
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.