Classified ads - phone numbers

Hi,

New to forum and not much good with computers. (Wrong generation!)

Can I simply put my phone number when I adverize in classifieds, rather than have people PMing me?

Thank you.

C.B.Bear

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    do you want the whole world having access to your phone number?

not advised.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • C.B.Bear
    C.B.Bear Posts: 23
    On many cycling classified sites, British Cycling UK for example, it is quite normal to leave a phone number. What do you think everyone did before they invented the internet?

I really don't see the problem with leaving a number, why would anyone bother to call a pay as you go mobile if they were not responding to the ad?

But I appriciate you may feel differently.

Still need an answer to my question please.

C.B.Bear
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    its up to you.

before the internet not everyone could access your number from the newspaper without buying the paper and then reading every page.

you dont get the phone calls where people (i use that loosely) call and hang up? so you think it is a possible sale and call.....

personally i prefer not to have a phone being called all the time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    "What do you think everyone did before they invented the internet?"

The internet has created the problem.

We have 170,000 members, and bots that scan for email addresses and phone numbers to spam them and steal for ID purposes.

I wouldn't.
  • C.B.Bear
    C.B.Bear Posts: 23
    OK guys, you've convinced me. I'll just have to get used to this PM thing.

Thanks for posting.

C.B.Bear