Now I am a bored-man too. (Team)

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited March 2010 in Your road bikes
boredbloke.jpg

boed2.jpg

Just built it up last night and ridden this morning :O)

Thanks to Halfords in Bristol Winterstoke for the £200 discount and £100 of freebies.
And letting me build her.

Back to work ;O( and footy now :O)

Surplus of roadbikes now...to one mtb-feeling outnumbered.

:D

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I take it you're going to remove the reflectors ans shorten your excess cable!?

Nice, though
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Anonymous
    After I fit the kick stand...just kidding!

Sorry I was taking a pic last night as the Halfords crew let me build her.

Will be removing the reflectors and using super glue on the cable ends.
    I've left the bell on though...sorry...

I think I need new pedals as I'm using Ultegra 6620? silver although you can't see them when I'm riding I wish sram made black pedals.

Any ideas that doesn't break the bank would be ace-looking at Look etc.

Thanks the nice comment hopper1 :wink:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Nout wrong with Ultegra Pedals. Why would you want to change them?

Heavy, good wearing, and reliable.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    I guess it doesn't match the rest of Sram kit and I not unclipping easliy-even with new cleats and reduced spring tension.

I want something that keeps me in but clips out as easily as mtb spds, I might change the position of my cleats on Tuesday to see if that cures it.

And add my Spesh Toupe saddle as I can stand that Boardman saddle!
  • I changed to Mavic Race pedals, which are black and yellow!
  • Anonymous
    How do you keep your white Boardman clean Squillinossett? very nice!

Good idea about the pedals!

I'll try readjusting them as it's probably my duck feet angle.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Look Keos have a firmer clip in and out action, so it'd be harder with them than SPD-SL
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Then it must be my cleat position as I can twist inwards to to get out but too much float for normal clipping out. Any harder and I will be stuck looking for a wall to lean on!

Trying some new zero degrees float cleats Tuesday and will report back.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Nice bike :)

I was tootin' at bikes in Halfords last week and the Boardman models do look nice, and yes I did giggle at the reflectors :) They were the first thing that got removed when I got my first MTB. How's it ride and what about its weight? I'm running full Campag on my very old rig and know nout about SRAM stuff, any cop?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    it should be 17.5lb or 8kg. i left the bell on sick of people walking out and not looking, although it seems to annoy them more i think its safer, i cant always shout if im out of breath. i swivelled the bell round so its under the bars its hardly noticible there being black. just have the lever pointing towards you it works the same. ive built a few wheels and noticed although the wheels are very true in both directions the spoke tension is laughably low. i think thats whats got the otherwise good wheels a bad image. id suggest giving all the spokes 1 full turn and maybe 1.5 turns on the drive side rear to keep the dish correct and counteract the fact that they will stretch a little more. done this on mine after 60 miles and im confident they will be fine. you can either wait until youve done a few miles for them to bed in or do it now and check them after a while. they will naturally loosen a little from new as they take load and seat into the rim. if your worried about doing this just make sure you go round each spoke from the valve hole untill you get back to the valve hole again so you dont loose track of where you are. it shouldnt affect the true if you do them all 1 exact full turn. be carefull with the alloy nipples they have a tendancy to twist and round off. i use a wrench one side with a screwdriver the other at the same time to eliminate the problem.
    If you already know what you are doing please ignore.
  • Anonymous
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I will check the wheels over-machined wheels don't get stressed as a decent wheel builder will do it for you-at a higher price!

I get stick all the time but I will be leaving my bell on-as I use routes with lots of walkers-it's a lifesaver.

Local riding club has already said: get those reflectors off lol ok ok!

The wheels are not that light-you can easily shed weight here (ok best off my waistline first).

I only took it for a spin on the street-will be hill climbing later this week I hope but it feels less buzzy than my alloy bikes.

I also noticed with a large frame-at 6ft1 you are more natural in the drops and very aero comfy rather than stretched out.

I haven't weighed it yet... but will dig out my Park spoke tool-thanks again rake!

Feels heavy though! looks better from a distance as close up -the cheaper carbon is all over the place-but what do you expect for that price?
  • Lady Venom
    Lady Venom Posts: 213
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I will check the wheels over-machined wheels don't get stressed as a decent wheel builder will do it for you-at a higher price!

I get stick all the time but I will be leaving my bell on-as I use routes with lots of walkers-it's a lifesaver.

Local riding club has already said: get those reflectors off lol ok ok!

The wheels are not that light-you can easily shed weight here (ok best off my waistline first).

I only took it for a spin on the street-will be hill climbing later this week I hope but it feels less buzzy than my alloy bikes.

I also noticed with a large frame-at 6ft1 you are more natural in the drops and very aero comfy rather than stretched out.

I haven't weighed it yet... but will dig out my Park spoke tool-thanks again rake!

Feels heavy though! looks better from a distance as close up -the cheaper carbon is all over the place-but what do you expect for that price?

a loud yell of ON YOUR RIGHT seems to work as well as a bell :D
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    i think most carcon unidirectional carbon looks similar. its just that its raw ie no cosmetic 90 degree top weave which is how most carbon gets that checkered look. i think boardman has a low tollerance for bs. not trying to hide anything underneath.