Orange Crush 08

hbrashaw
hbrashaw Posts: 286
edited March 2010 in Your mountain bikes
My nearly new orange Crush.

I bought this off a well known website for under £500. Much to mysurprise it had only been riden once and that was on road.

For pics follow this link http://randomjumper.pinkbike.com/album/Bikes/

Please tell me what you think and what upgrades i should make

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    here's another one of jamesbrckman friends :wink:

nice bike, what a bargain
  • hbrashaw
    The spec

Orange Crush frame
    Fox 32 Vinilla R
    Rave Face evolve XC cranks
    Truvitive XR bars
    Orange stalk stem and seatpost
    Sram X9 rear mech
    Shimano Deore f mech
    Sram X7 shifters
    SDgGbell air saddle
    Hayes Stoker trail brakes
    WTB speed disc AM rims on Deore hubs
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Wish i had that :(
    what upgrades are you going to make?
    and are you getting a softer spring for the vanillas?
  • hbrashaw
    The Brockman army are taking over bike radar :D
  • JamesBrckmn
    rodborough bikers club!
  • thebiker21
    thebiker21 Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    Hell yes! Can i join in??
    great ride yesterday, really pleased with my bike (although endo for half of trail was a bit scary :oops: )
  • JamesBrckmn
    Shame we couldn't go riding again today- even if we did we would probably find some fat kid had squashed our jump or the national trust had bulldozed it :evil:
    Your sketchy endo landing was pretty crazy- you were endoing from side to side for about 10 ft! I think you shouldn't push the front end into the ground so hard when you land, just let it fall. Landing 15 ft away from where you took off, on a 1ft high kicker, was quite impressive though- you still didn't beat my landing from last time though :D or hbrashaw's (do you mind if i use your real first name on here? we all know your not called h) from the time i wasn't there.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    hbrashaw wrote:
    The Brockman army are taking over bike radar :D

oh bloody nora :roll:
  • JamesBrckmn
    :lol:
  • JamesBrckmn
    first it was the 456 army, now it's the godalming teenage mtb army taking over the your mtb's section :lol:
  • hbrashaw
    Lets see who can get the most air off our rubish 1ft kicker :D

JamesBrcman: 15ft
    the biker 21: 12ft
    Me: 17 ft

Yes it is only 1 ft
  • JamesBrckmn
    Just to be clear to forumites that was a 1 foot high kicker, but the 15 ft etc. wasn't hieght, but distance- 17ft air out of a 1ft kicker would be impossible. and hbrashaw- yours was about 20ft, mine 17, thebiker21 was 16ft. when me and thebiker21 hit it, it wasn't as good as before, so i think that's how you got further.

For the pitch hill ride, my dad can take, the earlier the better- can thebiker21 go to chidingfold- cos it would take ages to drive round all of our houses, then up pitch too. what's the earliest you can do? Also saturdays dry and sunny with a few clouds but only 3 degrees

And do either of you want to buy my ardent- it's a good tyre, just thinner than i expected. it's this version: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/max ... e-ec016867 and about 2.1 or 2.2 in reality. because i payed £29 for it and have only used it since christmas, if you want it, how's £15? I'm putting my current 2.2 captain on the front, and getting a 2.0 captain rear.