Do mountain bikers acknowledge road riders?

13»

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Bikerbaboon
    Agreed. It's just people, some are nice, some are idiots!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • BigmechUK
    BigmechUK Posts: 16
    I have noticed this as well, if i have my full face on less people say hi, especially roadies!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    bails87 wrote:
    Bikerbaboon

No no no, come on we need to continue this pointless discussion, its clearly the type of bike we ride that alters the humans personality.
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    I am currently looking at getting a road bike but will still be using my MTB. To be honest we have found that most riders say hello, and i will always say hello even if they dont. Roadies are the worst though. Why am i trying to get a road bike again....hehe

D
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Briggo wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Bikerbaboon

No no no, come on we need to continue this pointless discussion, its clearly the type of bike we ride that alters the humans personality.

Don't be stupid, everyone knows it's really down to the type of pedals you use!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I think Roadies are in the zone trying to maintain cadence, smoothness and maximize efficiency, so its unfair to expect them to say hi. Its a bit like asking someone to say hi when you climb a track which they are descending.
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    It's not often I see roadies when I'm on my MTB. However, I did see one first thing on Sunday morning when me & the wife were heading out for a ride up around the forests at the back of the house (we have to head out onto a main road, pretty much out in the sticks, for a 100m or so first). A roadie came the other way and we got a big 'Morning' and a big smile too.

Nowt wrong with roadies - it's just 'people' in general IMO.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    diy wrote:
    I think Roadies are in the zone trying to maintain cadence, smoothness and maximize efficiency, so its unfair to expect them to say hi. Its a bit like asking someone to say hi when you climb a track which they are descending.

Exactly, opening ones mouth increases drag significantly. Keeping lips tighly pursed and cheeks hollowed is the only way to go if you are serious about cycling.

How can anyone be serious about cycling when they are covered in mud, wearing baggy shapeless gear and are often seriously overweight? Mountain bikers should stay in the bogs where they belong and stop dropping globules of dirt on the tarmac.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1