Frame size

cabbage1875
cabbage1875 Posts: 36
edited February 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Just place my order for an Orbea T105 yesterday and been doing some reserach on frame sizes. I know each case is different and that there is not a generic rule for all, but i am just under 6ft and have been told by my LBS i need a 54 frame. it felt ok when i was on it, but seems a bit mall compared to general advice. what do you think??

exercise.png

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Where did you order from? For the money I would have expected a proper fitting session to make sure the correct size is ordered and then set up for you before/when you pick up. Epic cyles offer a two hour fitting session plus test rides with all bikes bought from them FOC.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi all,

Just place my order for an Orbea T105 yesterday and been doing some reserach on frame sizes. I know each case is different and that there is not a generic rule for all, but i am just under 6ft and have been told by my LBS i need a 54 frame. it felt ok when i was on it, but seems a bit mall compared to general advice. what do you think??

I'd have thought a 56 top tube would be for you, unfortunately they do a 55 or a 57. Hence they are probably right, the 54 (which has a 55 top tube) will probably suit best, with a 120mm stem...

But really, they should be spending some time with you and checking things out properly.