Cube Pro Ltd - Shimano Front Quick Release Question

karner
karner Posts: 6
edited February 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi,

This may be a stupid question. Got bike today and front wheel was removed to put bike in car and take home.

Got home put wheel on and get a rubbing on brake disc (front).

Now am not sure if quick release lever is on wrong side of the bike! Looking at bike head on its on left side and am thinking should be on right! I have checked pads to ensure they are not stuck together.

Can anybody help??

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well you first need to make sure the axles are fully seated on the drop outs.

then you will need to allow the pads to bed back in again.

the lever can be on whatever side you want.

left side works well with shimano QRs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    well you first need to make sure the axles are fully seated on the drop outs.

then you will need to allow the pads to bed back in again.

the lever can be on whatever side you want.

left side works well with shimano QRs.

Thanks for the reply.

When i put the wheel on I made sure that was on properly and then tightened the nut and lever. Am just para in case i ride and do some damage, I was planning to go out tomorrow but bike shop is closed so cant get it checked.
  • I wouldnt let it stop you going out for your ride tomorrow.

I have the LTD Race and my front disc rubs for a little bit after re-seating the wheel before a ride. As nick says just let them bed back in - just a few sharp pulls on the brake whilst riding around the car park sorts it for me. HTH :)