oooof!!

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2010 in The Crudcatcher
some poor arse-nal player just had his leg broken by a mighty stoke player (shawcross), looked nasty, i particularly disliked the bit where his lower shin was flopping around all over the shop!!

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Who was the Arsenal player?
  • Anonymous
    aaron ramsey, he looked thredders
  • Andy
    He's welsh.
  • Anonymous
    Andy wrote:
    He's websters.

i know but i feel bad for him.
  • Andy
    Sky Sports website discribing it as pretty bad. Players looking shocked etc...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    As hardcore as Martin Taylor on Eduardo?

Edit: Seems like it. :(
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Or David Busst - that was horrific.
  • Anonymous
    yup, as soon as it happened everyone was clutching their heads, shawcross looked genuinely devastated and everyone was really worried.

he looked up (ramsey) and was calling the medics over himself along with one of the stoke players who clearly understood the gravity of what had happened immediately. im assuming the adrenaline was acting as a pain killer for ramsey but moments later he was properly flat out.

it was immediatley compared to the eduardo incident and i think eduardo came on shortly afterwards for arsenal
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Looks nasty after watching the clips on a video website
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Andy
    The Arsenal players are all tossers
  • Anonymous
    i spose i can see why they would all react the way they did, if a team mate gets injured, everyone feels it in some way but for sol campbell to be cutting about like charlie big potatoes is a bit much

i think the words im looking for in campbells case are "drama queen attention whore"

shawcross's tackle must have been too much but i wouldnt imagine for one minute it was deliberate. as far as im concerned, broken bones are part of the multi million pound a year job, dry your eyes.

i look forward to all of the drama indignation which will no doubt arrise from this.
  • supersonic
    Hopefully he will recover well, but depends on the break (tib and fib). Eduardo was very lucky with all those ligaments and stuff down there, i thought that was game over for him.
  • Anonymous
    yeah, good luck to him, i hope with the wonders of modern medicine and a private health plan even better than mine will mean he is on his feet and playng again in the near future.
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    This shows some others, inc Busst and Eduardo. BEWARE!

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-5-worst-foo ... f-all-time

ive said it before and ill say it gain: ooooof!!
  • bails87
    Blergh, Bussts was properly horrific. My mate was in one of the front rows behind the goal, said they threw water down on the pitch afterwards, and it was bright red when it splashed back up.

My dad used to play for the same team as him actually, I've met him a few times :P

Witsel on someone in Belgium:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ue4qOP ... re=related
    Again, not for the squeemish
    MTB/CX

• Andy
    i spose i can see why they would all react the way they did, if a team mate gets injured, everyone feels it in some way but for sol campbell to be cutting about like charlie big potatoes is a bit much

i think the words im looking for in campbells case are "drama queen attention whore"

shawcross's tackle must have been too much but i wouldnt imagine for one minute it was deliberate. as far as im concerned, broken bones are part of the multi million pound a year job, dry your eyes.

i look forward to all of the drama indignation which will no doubt arrise from this.

It was a 50-50 ball and as you say, thats part of the risk of playing football.

Campbell should get banned for the rest of the season for being a geriatric knob and Eboue and Bendtner pushing shawcross away as he comes to see Ramsey is just pathetic.
  • Anonymous
    i'll be interested to see how shawcross is portrayed in the press on monday morning, i bet all sorts of children come out of the wood work with claims of rape involving deliberate leg breakings.
  • bails87
    Same happened with Taylor after Eduardo. The Sun took a picture of him at training a few days later, and protrayed him as a serial psycho who couldn't control himself when it came to breaking his own team-mates' legs. And the photo right after the tackle that claimed to show him "smirking", when the video of the incident doesn't show anything of the sort.

But then all the papers are in London, so there's a fair chance some of them are run by Arsenal fans. GWS to Ramsey obviously, but lets hope that wasn't made out to be malicious by Shawcross.
    MTB/CX

• supersonic
    50/50 ball - and Ramsey wasn't exactly soft, could have easy been the other way.

The lad was proper upset.
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    yeah, good luck to him, i hope with the wonders of modern medicine and a private health plan even better than mine will mean he is on his feet and playng again in the near future.

alot depends of the attitude of the player too, with regards to recovering from the injury.

Henrik Larsson when he was at celtic was pretty decent player before his leg break, but afterwards it's like something went off in his head and he knew he had to be more physical, trained hard and came back from injury an even better player, possible the best player to have graced scottish football in 20 or more years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ry3L1Ou9GM
    Fancy a brew?
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    50/50 ball - and Ramsey wasn't exactly soft, could have easy been the other way.

agreed

i rarely fall for the old crododile tears sketch and invariably auotmatically assume it is just for effect but he looked genuine in my opinion and im certain i would have thought that even if i wasnt a stoke fan.
  • Anonymous
    77ric wrote:

alot depends of the attitude of the player too, with regards to recovering from the injury.

Henrik Larsson when he was at celtic was pretty decent player before his leg break, but afterwards it's like something went off in his head and he knew he had to be more physical, trained hard and came back from injury an even better player, possible the best player to have graced scottish football in 20 or more years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ry3L1Ou9GM

good point, i wonder how ramsey will behave on the pitch having gone through something like this. i hope it goes to prove that wounds and injuries will heal and i hope he is all the better for it.
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    supersonic wrote:

agreed

i rarely fall for the old crododile tears sketch and invariably auotmatically assume it is just for effect but he looked genuine in my opinion and im certain i would have thought that even if i wasnt a stoke fan.

the lad properly was gutted about it, i don't think i have ever seen a player so sincere and upset ever.
    Fancy a brew?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    was watching in the pub and it looked horrific, i agree that shawcross looked genuinely upset and apologetic, i think most would be if you did that to someone, but i think it was the reaction of the arsenal players that surprosed me most, with the exception of campbell, they knew it was 50/50 as usually there would be a fight between players. i just hope the poor lad gets well soon and gets back playing, the welsh dont have a great footballing history and he is a real talent
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    I was at the game yesterday and have to say 99.9% of the stoke fans applauded ramsay off, had the odd idiot shouting stuff but in general it was a genuine sympathetic applause for the lad. Wasnt far from where shawcross trudged off and to me he looked like he was genuinely shattered by what just happened, could see he was crying.

Tackles like that never look good but I dont think there was any intent to injure him just a full blooded 50/50 challenge. Hope he recovers anyway and congrats to shawcross getting his england call up.
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • Anonymous
    thats good news that he has had a call up, i think he desrves it and if he can play the way he did yesterday before that tackle, he will be a superb addition. he was covering every inch of ground and ws clearly misse once sent off, not just because the attitude of the game changed but because he had been doing more than his share of work on the field.

ive not read the papers today but i hope his regret and the clear effect the incident had on him saves him from a pasting.

once again, good luck to aaron ramsey, get well soon.

edit: its a bit unsavoury that whilst a team mate lay in fucking agony, all the arsenal players could do was cut about pushing their chests out instead of coming to ramseys aid, what a bunch of utter webbos. it took a couple of stoke players to help until the medical aid arrived.

as for wenger to be gobbing of about shawcross, its a football gme, injuries happen, you should be ashamed of yourself.